A couple of days ago I was at a friend’s house as we were dealing with the fallout of the website move and we were planning a small get-together of friends. I wanted to make something fun and interesting since (as I am sure you can imagine) they have been getting delicious treats since the beginning of this blog. Then in a moment of nostalgia I remembered this recipe that I had made for my friends back home. It was so well received there I knew I had to make it. Sure enough, it was a hit, with both adults and kids alike.
If you would like to make your dough from scratch you can make the crust in the Apple Pie Slab Bars that I made. Just cut the proportions down to half. 🙂 That is a delicious pie crust that I make in the food processor in just a few minutes and then let rest in the fridge to keep the butter as cold as possible before rolling it out. You can insert a knife or toothpick but just be aware melted chocolate will get all over it. If the top looks browned and crisp after the timer goes off I would say you are good to go.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Beat the eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy.
- Add in the flour, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in butter until combined.
- Stir in both kinds of chocolate chips.
- Put mixture into pie shell and even the mixture out in the shell
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- You can insert a knife or toothpick but just be aware melted chocolate will get all over it.
- If the top looks browned and crisp after the timer goes off I would say you are good to go.
- Warm caramel sauce for 15 seconds in the microwave before pouring over pie slices.
- Optional, serve with ice cream or whipped cream.