Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is a gooey, homemade chocolate chip cookie in a flaky pie crust. Ready in one hour and loaded with chocolate chips!
Like our popular Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza, this is another variation that takes a classic chocolate chip cookie to the next level! The gooey, chocolate-y center will make this your favorite Pie Recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is sure to be a go-to pie recipe for any cookie lover.The pie has all of the sweet, buttery, chocolate-y goodness of a chocolate chip cookie that came straight out of the oven. This is a quick alternative to traditional cookies, and it saves you the time (and dishes) scooping out individual cookies onto multiple baking sheets. This is one of my favorite pies to have with ice cream because it tastes like you’re eating a freshly made cookie sandwich.
If you’ve never made a cookie pie before, you’ll soon fall in love with how easy and delicious they are. They are the best combination of two fantastic desserts. The flaky, buttery pie crust goes well with the center that basically tastes like you are eating cookie dough.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is soon to be a favorite pie for your family, and you’ll make it for birthdays, special occasions and just anytime you feel like having a delicious treat. The pie is so gooey that your family will always try to scrape the pie plate completely clean. It is also a favorite pie to bring to friends on their birthdays because it is quick and impressive to make and sure to please a crowd. You can even spell out the birthday person’s name in chocolate chips or frosting once the pie cools.
You can whip the filling together easily in one bowl using a few common ingredients that you probably have around your house. You can have your pie baking in the oven in no time and it leaves very little mess. You can use a store-bought pie crust, but if you don’t already have one in your house you can make your own pie crust (watch out for a pie crust recipe on this site coming soon!) The longer baking time of the pie allows you to focus on cooking a main course or making homemade Vanilla Ice Cream to go with your pie. You can also drizzle Hot Fudge or Salted Caramel Sauce (or both!) on your slice of pie. This pie tastes amazing straight out of the oven, so make sure you eat a slice while it is still warm!
HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE IS DONE
You will know when your Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is done when you insert a toothpick or a knife into the pie halfway between the center and edge and it comes out clean and the pie crust is lightly brown. You will have to wait at least 10 minutes for the pie to cool to make sure that it holds its shape.
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
- Chocolate Chips: Do you not have enough of one type of chocolate chip? You can mix together white, milk or dark chocolate chips into this recipe.
- Peanut Butter Chips: Swap out half of the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips and make this even richer!
- Nuts: Add some chopped walnuts, cashews or pecans to the top of the pie to give it a crunchier texture as well as a savory tang. You can also arrange the nuts on the top of the pie in patterns to dress it up (or if you have a second pie crust, you could cut fun shapes out of the second crust and layer them around the edge of the pie crust to make a pretty border.)
- Sundae: This rich, chocolate cookie dessert gets even better with a scoop of ice cream, drizzled with Salted Caramel Sauce or Hot Fudge.
- Mini Pies: Using a 2-3 inch round cookie cutter, cut out small crusts. Place in a large muffin tin or small ramekins. Fill crusts with cookie batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
MORE FUN DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
- Serve: You can keep the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie out at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: This pie can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Cool the pie completely and store in an airtight container before freezing for up 6 months. You can reheat the pie in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or by sticking it in the microwave.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar and butter to a stand mixer, beating until lightened and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, then the flour until just combined before just folding in the chocolate chips and spooning the mixture into the pie tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.