Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix without artificial ingredients and much less sodium! Easy to make and saves money over Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets!
This recipe is meant to taste just like your favorite Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and dressing mix.
Why make your own Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix? It is infinitely healthier for you since you are using whole ingredients. There are no added preservatives and artificial ingredients and you can make the mix just one time to keep for use throughout the next few months.
We buy spices in bulk so mixing up these seasoning mixes is a breeze.
How do I make homemade ranch dressing from the packet?
In a bowl, add 1 cup milk and 1 cup mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix and whisk until well combined. Refrigerate for an hour before using.
What seasonings are in ranch dressing?
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix has buttermilk powder, parley, dill weed, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Some great ways to use this Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix:
- Homemade Ranch Dip: by adding 1 cup sour cream to 3 tablespoons of the mix.
- Ranch Pork Chops: Coat the pork chops in ranch dressing mix and pan fry or roast at 400 degrees (time depends on thickness).
- Ranch Chicken: Marinate chicken with 3 tablespoons of the mix and one tablespoon canola oil and cook as desired.
- Ranch Potato Wedges: Toss potato wedges with 3 tablespoons of mix, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper and cook at 400 degrees until crispy.
Looking for recipes to use this Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix with?
Please note that you are going to have to refrigerate your dressing mix and the buttermilk powder, but it is an AWESOME ingredient to have and will save you a LOT of money. No more buying quarts of buttermilk only to use a small amount and let the rest go bad.
This is another recipe in a series of pantry recipes I am building out on the site. If you have any requests please PLEASE please let me know below in the comments. I have (not kidding here) about 100 recipes on my list of things I make at home and would love to bump your requests to the top of the list.
- 1/2 cup dry buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients together in a small food processor.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.