Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels made in just 15 minutes with chicken, ranch seasoning, cream cheese and tortillas make the perfect lunch bites or afterschool snack.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels have been a lunch favorite for us pretty much all year. We used to make the slow cooker version of this recipe in sandwich form (coming soon), but recently we’ve been using chicken we grilled to make these a good cold snack option.
As a second option my husband has also been popping these into muffin tins with a quick spray of canola oil and baking them for 10 minutes on 400 degrees for crispy, melty Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels of your dreams. With the canola oil and the oil from the cheese and bacon cooking together the tortillas get the most delicious version of crispy you could think of.
Looking for more handheld snack options?
- Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Totinos Pepperoni Pizza Crispy Rolls
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Bombs
It is a bit hard to go wrong with these as the filling is mostly cheese and bacon.
Looking for some flavor alternatives here are a few different versions you could make:
- Caesar: Chicken, caesar dressing, Parmesan Cheese and crumbled croutons.
- BLT: Chicken, bacon, sour cream, green onions and tomatoes.
- Buffalo Chicken: chicken, bleu cheese crumbles, hot wing sauce, cheddar
- Italian Hoagie: salami, provolone, pepperoncini, olives and cream cheese
Tools Used in the making of these Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels:
Ranch Seasoning: I make mine (Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix) but you can also buy it in bulk like this, so use 2 tablespoons of the seasoning if you buy this.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Yield: 32 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 3 chicken breasts cooked/grilled
- 1 pound thick cut bacon cooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar and jack cheese mix shredded
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Dressing Mix
- 4 large tortillas burrito sized
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Chop the chicken and the bacon into a small dice (see picture above)
- Add all the ingredients except the tortillas into a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread a quarter of the mixture onto each tortilla evenly.
- Roll into a pinwheel, tightly.
Cut into 1" pieces and serve cold or if you want to heat, cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
This recipe first appeared on my friend Alyssa's blog The Recipe Critic as a guest post.
Yield: 32 Servings, Amount per serving: 144 calories, Calories: 144g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 246mg, Potassium: 130mg, Vitamin A: 2.7g, Vitamin C: 0.3g, Calcium: 4.3g, Iron: 2.4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.