Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin and they’re ready to bake in just a few minutes.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin. Still chewy and savory, but with a softer texture than the prepackaged frozen variety. Since they take less than five minutes to prepare and 25 minutes in the oven, this is a 30 minute meal. Dip them in a marinara sauce from Mezzetta, who was kind enough to sponsor this post, for a delicious juicy bite! These also work great cold the next day as an easy park lunch!
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”454093″ player=”19072″ title=”Pepperoni Pizza Bites” description=”Pepperoni Pizza Bites” duration=”60″ uploaddate=”2019-08-22 13:17:42″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/14572/thumb/454093_t_1566479597.png”]
Now you can avoid the guilt you may feel when you pop some of the pre-made ones in the oven or microwave knowing they have so many ingredients you can’t even pronounce much less identify.
Since we makes these Pepperoni Pizza Bites for the little ones in the house as a treat, we do our best to make them as healthy as we can. In the past I have added some very finely diced red and yellow bell peppers as well as onion or carrots. It is an easy way to get some vegetables into the meal that your kids may otherwise fight against eating.
For the adult taste buds in the house we have done:
- Skillet browned Canadian bacon and pineapple cubes
- Crumbled bacon pieces and fresh or dried figs
- Browned crumbled Italian Sausage with Caramelized Onions
- Steamed or Roasted Broccoli with chunks of chicken and sauteed garlic
I also made them half in the mini bites size using a mini muffin pan and half in a regular muffin pan. The mini muffin pan ones are one bite Pepperoni Pizza Bites and the regular muffin pan sized ones are 2-3 bites.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Yield: 24 mini bites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In one bowl mix milk and eggs, set aside.
- In a second bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
- Combine the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add in the pepperoni and cheese and whisk together.
- Spray baking spray or canola oil spray onto two mini muffin tins and using 1 tablespoon scoop, fill all 24.
- Alternately make 12 larger Pepperoni Pizza Bites.
Cook for 15 minutes-18 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with Mezzetta Marinara Sauce
Adapted from http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/budget-recipes/pepperoni-pizza-puffs
Yield: 24 mini bites, Amount per serving: 61 calories, Calories: 61g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 166mg, Potassium: 47mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 55g, Vitamin C: 0.1g, Calcium: 55g, Iron: 0.4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.