Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a like a bagel bite and pizza muffin with homemade dough, cheese & pepperoni, ready to bake in just a few minutes.
This Italian inspired Appetizer Recipe makes it easy and fun to have your favorite pizza flavors in a bite size snack. If you love these Pizza Bites, next try Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Pepperoni Cheesy Bread, or Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin. Still chewy and savory, but with a softer texture than the prepackaged frozen variety. Since they take less than five minutes to prepare and 25 minutes in the oven, this is a 30 minute meal. Dip them in Marinara Sauce for a delicious juicy bite! These also work great cold the next day as an easy park lunch!
Now you can avoid the guilt you may feel when you pop some of the pre-made pizza snacks in the oven or microwave knowing they have so many ingredients you can’t even pronounce much less identify.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
You can make these Pepperoni Pizza Bites for the little ones in the house as a treat, and they are much healthier with just a few unprocessed ingredients. You can also sneak in some veggies by adding very finely diced red and yellow bell peppers as well as onion or carrots. It is an easy way to get some vegetables into the meal that your kids may otherwise fight against eating.
For the adult taste buds in the house you can try these variations:
- Skillet browned Canadian bacon and pineapple cubes
- Crumbled bacon pieces and fresh or dried figs
- Browned crumbled Italian Sausage with Caramelized Onions
- Steamed or Roasted Broccoli with chunks of chicken and sautéed garlic
You can also choose to make them in a mini muffin pan or a regular muffin pan for a larger individual serving. The mini muffin pan ones are one bite Pepperoni Pizza Bites and the regular muffin pan sized ones are 2-3 bites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Substitute the flour with your favorite gluten free alternative like almond or rice flour for a gluten free pizza snack.
Any of your favorite pizza toppings will work! Just make sure they are already cooked and diced into small pieces. Try using olives, italian sausage, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, or fresh Italian herbs.
How to Store Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Serve: Don’t leave Pepperoni Pizza Bites at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Store in an airtight container or plastic zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in a 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Freeze: Once completely cooled, freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, then transfer to a freezer safe plastic bag for 2-3 months. Reheat at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In one bowl mix milk and eggs, set aside.
- In a second bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
- Combine the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add in the pepperoni and cheese and whisk together.
- Spray baking spray or canola oil spray onto two mini muffin tins and using 1 tablespoon scoop, fill all 24.
- Alternately make 12 larger Pepperoni Pizza Bites.
- Cook for 15 minutes-18 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with marinara sauce.