Quick and easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip, perfect for your holiday or gameday party and a crowd favorite!
We’re less than two weeks away from Christmas and I’m in full on menu planning mode! One of my favorite appetizers for parties are dips. Years ago when the buffalo chicken dip recipe took the country by storm I started thinking about other appetizers and foods that I could re-imagine in dip form. One of my favorites I stumbled upon was pepperoni pizza dip.
Served with pizza breadsticks made with my quick, no rise pizza dough, this dip comes together in just a half an hour and is served in a bubbly warm cast iron skillet (you know my love for this skillet). It is perfect for parties of all kinds including game day parties (am I the only person already thinking about my Superbowl party? I already have cute little football shaped desserts picked out and everything!).
The base of this recipe is creamy with the sour cream and cream cheese but the tomatoes and tomato sauce bring it all together. I add olives to my dip because my favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni and olive but feel free to add any of your favorite toppings to the mix. I would hesitate to add watery toppings like pineapple because it may create separation from the toppings and the cheese (I did try this dip Hawaiian style and it was not a hit) but almost any other type of topping works great.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces thick sliced pepperoni , chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza Breadsticks
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, dried oregano and dried basil.
- Pour into the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Top with diced tomatoes and marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle on the pepperoni, olives, mozzarella and crushed red pepper.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with pizza breadsticks.
Yield: 12 , Amount per serving: 103 calories, Calories: 103g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 385mg, Potassium: 114mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 4.9g, Vitamin C: 1.8g, Calcium: 6.8g, Iron: 3.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.