Baked Honey Lime Chicken with just 4 total ingredients browned then baked in the same skillet and the results are crispy, citrusy, sweet and tender.
Baked Honey Lime Chicken
Baked Honey Lime Chicken is packed with flavor with practically no effort whatsoever and just a small handful of ingredients. This dish is one of our go-to’s when we’re low on ingredients since we’ve got a lime tree in our backyard.
Honey Lime Chicken hits all your taste buds with sweet from honey, savory from the chicken, umami from the soy sauce and acidity from the lime juice. The only flavor missing? Spice. Add some if you’d like with either ½ teaspoon of chili powder or 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce.
How to cook this chicken?
You can make this honey lime chicken basically any single way you want.
- Cook it in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
- Cook it on your grill (I’d double the sauce to baste while cooking)
- Cook it through in your skillet (I’d use boneless skinless thighs for this)
The flavors in this dish are so simple and completely craveable you’ll enjoy this “sauce” as much as we do. Plus its a pantry dish, assuming you have a lime. Soy sauce and honey are just sort of always hanging around in our pantry so this recipe takes no planning.
Want to pump up the flavors with more ingredients? Add some minced garlic and ginger, the flavors are literally finger licking good (I’d use two cloves of garlic and 1 tablespoon ginger paste or minced ginger).
Want more delicious chicken recipes?
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Copycat)
- Panda Express Orange Chicken (Copycat)
Tools used in the making of Baked Honey Lime Chicken:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Pig Tail Flipper: I use this to flip the chicken without damaging the skin and its super easy. I use this tool EVERY time I cook something that requires flipping, it is amazing.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- 5 chicken thighs , bone in and skin on
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl or plastic bag and mix them together well.
- In a large cast iron or oven ready skillet add the chicken on medium high heat and brown with the skin side down for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over so the skin side is up.
- Add on the remaining marinade and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.