Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. All the flavors of your favorite stuffed peppers with half the effort.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup takes all the effort out of making stuffed peppers and the results are, dare I say better than the original?
Part of the reason I almost never make stuffed peppers for us at home is the frustrating process of cooking them. Between the browning and stuffing of the bell peppers, the water bath they sit in as they cook in the oven for what feels like forever I find half the time I still end up with bell peppers that are not as tender as I want them.
About a year ago I was making soups for a client who would routinely swap out half her prepared meals for soups. She asked if I could make stuffed peppers in soup form because it was easier for her to eat since she wouldn’t need a fork and knife. I can’t honestly say I’d ever heard of a stuffed pepper soup, but I was determined to make one for her.
The version I made for my client was done on the stovetop, but I know how much all of your love slow cooker recipes on this site. In fact 6 of the top 10 recipes on the site are made in a slow cooker.
Looking for more recipes like this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup?
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup <– This one has over 1 million views and 400,000 pins on Pinterest!
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Minestrone Soup
Tools used in the making of the Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
Beef Better Than Bouillon: I almost never buy boxes of broth because I keep the beef, chicken and vegetable version of this Better Than Bouillon.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Main, Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup instant rice uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef on medium-high heat.
- Brown the ground beef in larger chunks than you would if it were taco meat.
- When browned, remove the beef and drain all but a tablespoon of the fat.
Add in the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, when they've wilted but not browned.
Add all the ingredients except the cheese into your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- When ready to serve add in the cheddar cheese into the slow cooker, and scoop on more of the soup on top of it.
- Don't stir or the cheese will disappear into the soup.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 309 calories, Calories: 309g, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 721mg, Potassium: 340mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 13.2g, Vitamin C: 39.2g, Calcium: 13.9g, Iron: 10.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.