Beef Noodle Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up. With veggies, seasoned chuck roast and egg noodles, it’s a guaranteed hit with the whole family.
This is the perfect Soup Recipe to try the next time you’re feeling under the weather. It has similar nutritious ingredients to Chicken Noodle Soup, but making it with beef puts a nice twist on a classic.
BEEF NOODLE SOUP
There’s nothing quite like a bowl of piping hot soup. It’s nostalgic, flavorful, and a great way to get a lot of important nutrients in your diet. There’s a reason so many people eat soup when they’re feeling sick. The vegetables and meat give you the necessary protein and vitamins to start feeling stronger, but they’re prepared in a gentle broth that’s easy on your stomach and soothing to your throat. Plus this meal is made in one-pot in just a few simple steps, so it should be easy enough to make even if you’re feeling unwell.
So the next time you want a nourishing soup but are feeling burnt out on chicken noodle, prepare some chuck roast and noodles for a dish that’s just as satisfying but brings some new flavor to the table.
Make this Beef Noodle Soup for a comforting weeknight meal. It’s an especially great recipe to serve with freshly baked Dinner Rolls. Dip the bread in the flavorful broth to soak up every delicious drop. Plus, having a simple side dish like rolls will make the soup a more filling meal.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE EASY BEEF NOODLE SOUP
- Sear: Start by adding some oil to a pot over high heat. Cut the chuck roast into bite-sized chunks, and season it with salt and pepper before adding it to the pot. Sear the beef on all sides. This should only take about 8-10 minutes. Add in the onions along with the beef and cook them for 4-5 minutes until they’re translucent. The onions will bring out a lot of flavor in the beef.
- Broth: Add in your beef broth and thyme. Keep the pot over high heat, until it comes to a boil, then lower the heat.
- Cook: Continue to cook uncovered over low heat for about an hour. You’ll want to check on it from time to time, but for the most part you can leave it to simmer on its own. After an hour add in the egg noodles, celery, and carrots. Stir and continue to cook until the noodles are tender.
- Serve: Serve piping hot bowls of Beef Noodle Soup directly.
VARIATIONS ON BEEF NOODLE SOUP
- Meat: You can prepare the same recipe with different kinds of meat like chicken, turkey, or pork. You could even make it with tofu if you want a vegetarian soup. Change the broth you use to better suit the kind of meat you’re cooking with.
- Vegetables: Beef Noodle Soup is a great way to add some healthy ingredients to your diet. Because the vegetables cook with the other ingredients and soak up the flavor of the broth, it’s also a great way to get picky eaters to enjoy their veggies. Try adding in some kale, diced tomatoes, corn kernels, or diced zucchini.
INSTANT POT BEEF NOODLE SOUP
- Set your instant pot to saute mode.
- Add in some vegetable oil and sear the beef on all sides. Depending on the size of your instant pot, you may need to do this in batches.
- Put in the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the broth, celery, and carrots to the instant pot and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure and add in the uncooked pasta.
- Leave to sit on saute mode with the pressure cooker off for 5-10 minutes until the pasta is tender. Serve Beef Noodle Soup while warm.
MORE EASY COMFORT FOOD DISHES
HOW TO STORE BEEF NOODLE SOUP
- Serve: Don’t leave Beef Noodle Soup at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the soup cool, then put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will keep well for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze Beef Noodle Soup if you leave the noodles out. Cook the soup according to the recipe up until adding the pasta. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge, then reheat it, and cook the pasta before serving.
Beef Noodle Soup
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- Course: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat , or cut up chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 8 ounces egg noodles , dried
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
Add to the pot and sear on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
Add in the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add in beef broth and thyme and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Add in the egg noodles, celery and carrots, stir well and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately (the noodles will continue to absorb the soup as it sits).
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 315 calories, Calories: 315g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 1858mg, Potassium: 693mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 2642g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 65g, Iron: 4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.