Blue Cheese Sauce is extra rich and creamy. It’s perfect to spoon over steak and made in just 10 minutes with onion, heavy cream, and blue cheese crumbles.
This decadent Sauce Recipe is perfect to serve over your favorite Beef Dinners. It’s easy to make and can make any simple dinner recipes even more delicious.
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
This sauce is wonderfully rich, flavorful, and perfect to serve over your favorite steak recipes. You can pour this sauce over your dinner or as a side for dipping. Because this sauce recipe is so creamy and flavorful it only takes a little bit to add tons of robust flavor to your dinner. It’s great to serve with Christmas dinner or other holiday meals.
WHAT TO SERVE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE WITH
If you’ve tried Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon, then you know that blue cheese and steak are meant for each other. So this Blue Cheese Sauce is perfect to serve over any steak recipe like Ribeye, and Classic Prime Rib. Or spooned over Filet Mignon for a traditional French dish. When you serve the steak you can also drizzle the sauce over all the side dishes and enjoy it with everything.
Another option is using the Blue Cheese Sauce over other meat main dishes like Herb Crusted Pork and Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts. You could even use the sauce for a dipping sauce with more casual dishes like Super Crispy Chicken Tenders.
Blue cheese has a distinct salty, and bold taste that goes perfectly into this sauce. The cheese crumbles throughout this recipe make it especially flavorful and play perfectly with the savory taste of classic beef recipes. While all varieties of blue cheese have this taste, you can try out different kinds to see what you like best. Some of the most popular kinds of blue cheese are Gorgonzola, Maytag Blue Cheese, Danish Blue Cheese, and Buttermilk Blue. Any of these will taste great in this sauce recipe
MORE SAUCE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
- Onion mixture: Add some butter, onion, salt, and pepper to a skillet over medium heat. Stir the onion mixture and cook until caramelized and softened. It should only take about 6-8 minutes.
- Sauce: Pour in the heavy cream and ½ cup of the blue cheese crumbles. Stir the ingredients together until well combined and cook for 3-4 minutes until it’s thickened. Turn the heat off the stovetop and stir in the remaining ⅓ cup of blue cheese crumbles before serving over steak dinner.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
- Worcestershire sauce: For some extra tangy and savory flavor in your Blue Cheese Sauce try mixing in 1-2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce. Add in the sauce at the same time you pour in the heavy cream.
- Garlic: Adding in one minced garlic clove can play up the blue cheese flavors in the sauce wonderfully.
- Lemon juice: There are so many different flavors you can experiment with in the sauce. For a fresher, citrus taste try squeezing in some lemon juice. 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice should do the trick, and this flavor is great if you’re making the sauce in the spring.
- Cream replacements: If you don’t have heavy cream, there are a few replacements you can use. One option is mixing together ¼ cup melted butter and ¾ cup milk. For a thicker replacement is mix Greek yogurt and milk. Either of these will make a rich, creamy sauce.
MORE RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
HOW TO STORE BLUE CHEESE STEAK SAUCE
- Serve: Because of the dairy in the recipe, you shouldn’t leave Blue Cheese Sauce at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: This sauce is best made fresh, however you can store leftovers in the fridge. Once it’s cooled to room temperature put it in an airtight container and it will keep well in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, the dairy products won’t freeze well so if you haven’t finished the sauce within 5 days you’ll have to toss it out and make a fresh batch.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup blue cheese , crumbled (divided)
- Add butter, onion, salt, and pepper to a large skillet on medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until caramelized and softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and ½ cup blue cheese crumbles.
- Stir together and let cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Turn off heat, stir in remaining blue cheese and serve.
Oh yum! My brother is the bleu cheese King. I’m going to try this recipe the next we see him. Thank you for all the hard work you do for we your followers.??
You’re welcome! Hope you all enjoy it.