Cheesecake Factory Chicken Bellagio with pesto pasta, Parmesan, crispy chicken and prosciutto for the perfect copycat meal with an authentic recipe!
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Bellagio (Copycat)
We’re going back to the Cheesecake Factory today! We’ve been big fans of copycat recipes from the Cheesecake Factory (you can see all the Cheesecake Factory copycats here) including my favorites, Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira and Cheesecake Factory Spicy Cashew Chicken.
This recipe is no exception. We make it often at home with all the parts of it except the prosciutto. We do love the prosciutto too but when its just for us and not guests all the other flavors combined still make up a crazy delicious dinner.
This dish has some steps to making it and a couple of mini recipes within the main recipe but the results are SPECTACULAR. The recipe comes from the Cheesecake Factory for most of the ingredients but the Parmesan Cream Sauce and the Basil Oil are my own recipes.
How do you make Basil Oil?
Blanche 1 cup of fresh basil leaves in ice water after boiling for one minute. Squeeze out the water and puree with ½ cup olive oil until smooth. Use within one week.
How do you make Parmesan Cream Sauce?
Add ¼ cup butter and flour to a pan and melt. Whisk well and cook for 30 seconds before slowly pouring in 1 cup of heavy cream. Add in 6 ounces of shaved Parmesan and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What is the difference between prosciutto and bacon?
Bacon is made by brining then smoking pork belly. Prosciutto is made by curing with salt and pepper but no smoking. It is also rolled into a spiral to keep the shape.
What is in Chicken Bellagio?
Chicken Bellagio is a pasta dish mixed with a basil oil sauce, Parmesan cream sauce, crispy chicken, prosciutto and arugula finished with a bit of lemon juice. It’s creamy, herby, full of delicious, fresh flavors, and a perfect bowl of comfort food.
Tools used in the making of this Cheesecake Factory Chicken Bellagio:
Small food processor: perfect for small sauces when a bigger one would require more ingredients.
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Pig Tail Flipper: I use this to flip the chicken without damaging the skin and its super easy. I use this tool EVERY time I cook something that requires flipping, it is amazing.
Chicken Base: I almost never buy boxes of broth because I keep the beef, chicken and vegetable version of this Better Than Bouillon.
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces shaved parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
TO FINISH THE DISH:
- 1/2 cup basil oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- parsley optional
- Cook the pasta to one minute shy of the directions.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of saran wrap.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then beaten eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet or heavy pan on medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken in the pan for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown (as pictured).
- Wipe out the oil and crumbs and leave skillet for finishing dish.
- Add the butter to the pan and let melt on medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk well, let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the cream slowly while whisking.
- Add in the Parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk until thickened.
- Remove from heat for serving.
- Set a pot of water to boil and a large bowl of ice water to the side.
- Blanche the basil for 1 minute then remove the basil to the ice water.
- Remove from ice water and squeeze dry.
- In a small food processor add the basil and oil and puree.
- Use basil oil within a week (trust me you’ll want to put it on everything).
TO FINISH THE DISH:
- Add ½ cup of basil oil, chicken broth and butter to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the pasta back in along with the shaved Parmesan and toss to coat.
- Plate with pasta, topped with cooked chicken, more Parmesan cheese (if desired), the cream sauce, more of the basil oil, a slice of the prosciutto rolled up and arugula leaves to top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon over the plate and serve.