Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg Rolls Copycat made with spiced chicken, beans, corn, bell peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro and cheddar cheese in a crispy egg roll with creamy avocado cilantro dipping sauce.
Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg Rolls Copycat
Why make these egg rolls at home?
When you order egg rolls from your local restaurant or even Chinese restaurants, in the time it takes for them to arrive at your home is the time in which they are best enjoyed. By the time they are delivered to you, they’ve already begun to get soggy, cold and the cheese inside is already starting to harden.
Egg rolls are best enjoyed within minutes of them being fried.
What is in the creamy avocado sauce?
The creamy avocado sauce is a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, cilantro and avocados. If you’d like a bit of a kick you can add in a pinch of cayenne or ½ a jalapeno.
Baked Tex Mex Egg Rolls:
If you’d like to bake the egg rolls instead of frying then, spray the egg rolls with canola oil spray before baking. Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Can you prep the tex mex egg rolls ahead of time:
You can either fill and roll the egg rolls and freeze them before cooking or you can make the filling ahead of time and roll and fry them when you’re ready to serve.
Dipping Sauce ideas for these Egg Rolls?
- Sour Cream
- Rotel tomatoes with nacho cheese sauce
- Ranch…but only because so many people I know say ranch is the dip for everything, ever.
- Take the spicy route with mayo, sriracha and a mix in of awesome hot peppers
More easy appetizer recipes:
- Chili’s White Spinach Queso (Copycat)
- Chicken Fire Poppers – PS These are the PERFECT recipe to make with these egg rolls.
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Tools Used in this Tex Mex Egg Rolls:
Oil Thermometer: You’re looking for 350 degrees on your oil here. Everything inside is cooked but you want a good golden brown exterior and some melty cheese action inside.
Tongs: I normally use the pig tail flipper for frying but because this has a filling to protect definitely go with tongs here. Slotted spoons or spatulas invite oil burns if the egg rolls fall back in (trust me on this one).
Cooling rack: Don’t cool on napkins or paper towels, they will cause steam to build up and a soggy half of your egg roll!
Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg Rolls
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American/Mexican
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
TEX MEX EGG ROLLS
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 roma tomato diced finely and dried on paper towel
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 package egg roll wrappers 24 count
- canola oil for frying
AVOCADO DIPPING SAUCE
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Add the canola oil to a cast iron skillet on high heat with the chicken, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder and kosher salt.
Stir and cook for 1 minute before turning off the heat.
- Add in the corn, black beans, bell pepper, tomato, cheddar cheese and cilantro and stir together.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to the middle of an egg roll wrapper.
- Starting from the bottom left pull corner over the meat, then fold the two sides in.
- Wet the edges and roll tightly.
- Set a pan to heat with canola oil, about an inch high would do the trick.
- Add 3-4 egg rolls in them at once.
Once they have browned, you can take them out and dry them on a cooling rack or brown paper bag.
Yield: 24 Servings, Amount per serving: 145 calories, Calories: 145g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 219mg, Potassium: 163mg, Fiber: 1g, Vitamin A: 285g, Vitamin C: 5.5g, Calcium: 43g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.