Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Sauce made with no processed cheese and just four ingredients total! Perfect for game day snacks!
Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Sauce
Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Sauce made with just four ingredients and none of them are processed cheese! Almost every recipe I found online contained american cheese, velveeta or cream cheese.
This recipe uses sharp cheddar for it’s base.
You can even make this into queso! Add in a pound of browned beef seasoned with taco seasoning.
If you’d prefer to make this nacho cheese sauce on your stovetop you can add in the ingredients over low heat and whisk until it is fully melted, combined and thickened a little bit.
The best part of this recipe, aside from molten cheesy delicious flavors is that you can make this for parties. To serve you can put dipping items in bowls around the slow cooker.
To keep warm you can just use the “keep warm” setting on your slow cooker. If the cover is not left on the cheese will form a little layer on the top that dries out, but a quick stir is all you need to get the cheese looking good again.
Fun mix ins for nacho cheese sauce:
- seasoned taco meat
- bacon and chives
- jalapeno and bacon
- rotel chilis and tomatoes (drained)
- use sharp white cheddar instead and add in spinach and artichoke
More fun appetizers:
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Tenders
Tools used in the making of this Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Sauce:
Slow Cooker: Perfect size for 1 pound of cheese.
Evaporated milk: makes the recipe creamy without using processed cheese.
Franks Red Hot: My favorite hot sauce other than this one.
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker on low heat and cook for 1-2 hours on low heat.
- Stir well before serving.
- Leave on keep warm setting while serving as a dip.