Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites are the perfect salty, sticky, sweet and crispy appetizer for the holidays and game day with just five ingredients!
Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
This blog is nothing if not infatuated with all things bacon and brown sugar. The salty, sweet, sticky and crispy combination is a family favorite. Plus you can make this combination with just about anything like Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies and Spicy Sweet Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites.
I joke sometimes I’d even eat an old boot if it were wrapped and baked in bacon and brown sugar.
Okay, I wouldn’t really, but just look at these delicious bites!
We actually have a trick for this recipe which makes the prep even easier. Anytime I know I want to make the dish we buy chicken breasts for dinner (a large pack) and a package of bacon. Then I trim the chicken breasts to the right size by removing the tenders.
Chicken breasts are absolutely gigantic these days, so I trim them to size for individual portions.
We enjoy a family breakfast and with the second half of the package I prepare the little chunks of “leftover” raw chicken.
We do this anytime we’ve used our previous stash of these delicious Bacon Chicken Bites and have chicken breast recipes on the menu. Then once wrapped I freeze them on a sheet tray. When I am ready to serve them I bake them in a hot oven and just sprinkle on a little extra brown sugar. The extra water content from freezing the bacon and chicken can cause them to be a little less coated, so a nice sprinkle half-way through baking solves that problem!
Looking for more brown sugar bacon recipes? I’ve got tons of them for you!
- Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Tenders
- Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin
Looking for more appetizer recipes:
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Chicken Fire Poppers – PS These are the PERFECT recipe to make with these bites.
- Korean Ground Beef Egg Rolls
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Course: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 strips bacon
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 long, thin chicken strips.
- Cut each strip into 2 inch chunks.
- In a bowl add the brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss in the brown sugar.
- Wrap the chicken in a ⅓ of a strip of bacon and put into your baking dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining brown sugar.
Cook for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is cooked through and crisp (as pictured).
Yield: 24 Servings, Amount per serving: 69 calories, Serving Size: 1 , Calories: 69g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 120mg, Potassium: 90mg, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 10g, Vitamin C: 0.2g, Calcium: 5g, Iron: 0.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.