Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna made with Ham, Chicken, Swiss and Mozzarella cheeses is a different and fun cheesy lasagna your family will love using leftover chicken and ham!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna takes your classic amazing lasagna you’d crave to the next level. A white béchamel sauce replaces the classic red sauce, leftover ham and chicken take the place of your classic ground meat and Swiss cheese adds an extra level of cheesy flavor to the mix.
As you all have become accustomed to since my love for pork and bacon on this blog is front and center, adding ham to this recipe is a natural next step for a delicious lasagna.
How to use leftover ham:
- Chop it up, sear it well in your skillet with just a teaspoon of oil and include it in your breakfasts.
- Add slices to sandwiches or top it on salads.
- Use it in soups.
Have you tried my two slow cooker ham soups which have both featured ham? They’re incredibly easy and have been a HUGE hit with readers since they were published. Check them out for yourself too!
What to serve with leftover ham:
If you aren’t turning the ham into a second recipe like this lasagna, ham is best reheated in a covered pan with a bit of liquid added. Serve it with roasted vegetables like my Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts and your favorite starch like Baked Mac and Cheese.
How to make the perfect lasagna slices:
- Once your lasagna is done cooking you let it cool at least 20-30 minutes.
- Slice with a very sharp knife, making sure you slice completely through the bottom layer.
- Use a large enough spatula to lift the slice at one time.
- Add the slice to a small pan that can go in a toaster oven or oven.
- Sprinkle with an additional bit of cheese then toast for 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese and crisp up the edges.
You can also cut the slices even more thinly and give them a quick spray with some canola oil spray. Bake or toast them at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes and get a nice crispy golden crust on all the sides.
It tastes like the best crispy pasta/almost quiche and you’ll love the Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna with a small salad or even as a side to your favorite breakfast.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 12 lasagna pasta sheets cooked two minutes shy of directions
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped into ½ inch chunks
- 2 cups Smithfield Ham cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups Swiss cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot add the butter and garlic.
- When melted add in the flour and whisk.
- Slowly pour in the milk, add the salt and pepper and whisk until fully combined and thickened (5-7 minutes).
- Add in the cream cheese and whisk until fully combined.
- To make your lasagna add a scoop of the milk mixture to coat the bottom of your pan.
- Layer three sheets of pasta across the pan.
- Add a third of the chicken and ham.
- Cover with a quarter of each cheese.
- Add a third of the sauce.
- Repeat until you have three full layers.
- Cover with your remaining three sheets of pasta.
- Cover with your remaining cheese, wrap with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional fifteen minutes to brown.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
This post is sponsored by Smithfield, but all opinions are my own.