Easy Skillet Lasagna is a hearty, cheesy, ONE POT dinner made with ground beef, ricotta cheese, and farfalle pasta in a seasoned marinara sauce covered in melted mozzarella cheese, and ready in under 20 minutes!
EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
Easy Skillet Lasagna is one of my go-to weeknight recipes because it’s quick and easy, can be made in only ONE POT, and the entire family loves it! This recipe uses farfalle pasta instead of lasagna noodles, which makes it easier to do this in a skillet on the stovetop. The whole recipe will take you about 20 minutes or less, and requires very little prep time.
I like to use my Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce for this lasagna, but you can use the jarred version if you’re really short on time. Serve this with Garlic Bread, a Classic Wedge Salad, and extra grated parmesan. You can also top with some basil leaves for some extra fresh flavor!
CAN YOU MAKE EASY SKILLET LASAGNA AHEAD?
Skillet lasagna is a quick and easy recipe that can be throw together in only 20 minutes, but if you’re really short on time you can prep it early so it’ll only take 5-10 minutes to get on the table.
I cook the pasta, and drizzle with a little bit of oil to keep it from sticking together. Then brown the beef, and add the other ingredients except for the cheese, and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready, mix in the pasta with the sauce and meat, and pour into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until warmed, then top with cheese and serve once it’s melted.
CAN YOU FREEZE EASY SKILLET LASAGNA?
You can freeze skillet lasagna, but if you’re making this ahead of time for a freezer meal, then I would recommend using al dente pasta (slightly undercooked). When you reheat it, the pasta will cook all of the way. This prevents the noodles from becoming mushy.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
MORE ITALIAN RECIPES
- Italian Beef
- Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Classic Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
- Lighten this lasagna up by using lean ground turkey, low fat or part-skim ricotta or mozzarella, or spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Or use whole grain pasta.
- You can make this lasagna with other meat, like chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken, or even Italian sausage.
- If you don’t have farfalle pasta, you can break up regular lasagna noodles instead. They won’t completely fit in the round skillet, so you’ll have to crack a few on the ends. You can also use penne or other noodles if that’s what you have in your pantry.
- I always use a cast iron skillet because it conducts heat better, resulting in a great flavor. But you can technically use any skillet you have on hand.
- You can also take the skillet from the stovetop to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Add some vegetables like zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, or eggplant.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces cooked farfalle pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook beef in a large skillet with onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes until cooked.
- Add in the water, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes and marinara sauce cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and top with mozzarella and ricotta cheese before serving.