Chicken Tequila Fettuccine with creamy tequila jalapeño lime sauce, pasta, bell peppers and red onions is one of the most popular entrees at California Pizza Kitchen.
Chicken Tequila Fettuccine from California Pizza Kitchen is one of the most popular pasta recipes on the menu and for good reason! The creamy lime tequila sauce is AMAZING and the chicken and spinach fettuccine is a flavorful addition.
It may seem like there are a lot of ingredients in the dish, but they’re essential to the perfect copycat since the recipe is actually straight from the restaurant itself!
In fact this is the third California Pizza Kitchen recipe I’ve created from the book. The first, CPK Best-Seller Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti is one of our favorite special occasion meals we serve at home and the second is a menu item they don’t have anymore, their Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta which is one of the most popular pasta recipes on the blog!
I adjust a few ingredients and methods to make it more user friendly for the home kitchen, but the flavor ingredients are straight from the cookbook. You can of course serve the dish with shrimp instead of chicken or even serve it with browned butter scallops.
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Easy Thai Green Curry Noodles
- Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp (Copycat)
- Halal Cart Chicken and Rice (Copycat)
- KFC Original Recipe Chicken (Copycat)
- P.F. Chang’s Orange Peel Chicken (Copycat)
Tools Used in the making of this CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine:
Spinach Fettuccine: Easy to order online, organic and spinach flavored, perfect for this copycat recipe.
CPK Cookbook: Love this for authentic restaurant recipes from California Pizza Kitchen.
Better Than Bouillon: I almost never buy boxes of broth because I keep the beef, chicken and vegetable version of this Better Than Bouillon.
CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American Fusion
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 pound spinach fettucini cooked and drained, not rinsed
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno in a small saucepan with the butter and cook over medium low heat.
- Add the chicken stock, tequila, lime juice and cook until it has the consistency of a glaze, then turn off the heat and whisk in the cream and soy sauce.
Add the vegetable oil to the pan, season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook on medium high heat, 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Remove the chicken and add in the bell peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until just slightly crisp.
- Chop the chicken into cubes and add it back into the pan with the bell peppers and pasta.
- Add in the heavy cream mixture and cilantro.
Toss together and cook 1-2 minutes until thickened.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 718 calories, Calories: 718g, Carbohydrates: 61g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 38g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Cholesterol: 209mg, Sodium: 771mg, Potassium: 661mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1630g, Vitamin C: 49.4g, Calcium: 79g, Iron: 2.2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.