Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad made with crispy seasoned chickpeas, avocados, olives, corn and a Greek yogurt salsa in less than 20 minutes.
Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad is a quick and easy lunch option that has a ton of flavor like most Tex-Mex salads, but with far less of the heavier and more caloric ingredients that would weigh you down. Having this lunch option will help you avoid falling into the normal restaurant salad trap where similar Tex-Mex salads are filled with cheese and sour cream and mayonnaise based dressings. You’ll love this vegetarian salad full of protein at lunch with a refreshing Sweet Iced Tea from Pure Leaf®, who generously sponsored this post.
This recipe pairs wonderfully with Pure Leaf® Sweet Iced Tea and will make you feel like you’re enjoying a taste of summer and the South with the corn, olives and salsa flavors with the sweet and refreshing flavor of the iced tea.
Plus you can be sure that Pure Leaf® will have that authentic real-brewed tea taste because they are brewed from real tea leaves and are never made from powder or concentrate.
This Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad uses crispy chickpeas as an extra protein source. With just a few minutes in a hot skillet and a few spices from your cupboard the chickpeas are so flavorful you won’t even miss any added proteins you’re used to. Most Tex-Mex salads include ranch dressings mixed with either salsa or enchilada sauce. Using Greek yogurt instead makes a creamy dressing that is tangier while also adding another source of added protein.
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
- Mexican Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- Cosi Cobb Salad with Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette (Copycat)
- Light Crispy Chinese Chicken Salad
Experience the difference in flavor by picking up a bottle of Pure Leaf® Sweet Iced Tea. It’s a premium iced tea brewed from real, fresh-picked tea leaves and expertly blended by their team of Pure Leaf tea experts.
Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad
Chickpea Tex-Mex Salad made with crispy seasoned chickpeas, avocados, olives, corn and a greek yogurt salsa in less than 20 minutes. Pairs perfectly with Pure Leaf® Sweet Iced Tea.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can of chickpeas , drained and dried in a paper towel
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 cups lettuce , chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 avocado , diced into ½ inch chunks
- In a small bowl mix the salsa and Greek yogurt and set aside.
- Add the oil to pan on medium high.
- Add the chickpeas, stir, add cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and stir for 45 seconds.
- Remove from pan to paper towel.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, corn and olives to a large bowl and toss.
- Top with the seasoned chickpeas and avocado chunks.
- Pour over the salad dressing or keep to the side is packing for lunch.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.