Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are the perfect coffee shop or bakery style treat you’ll love all year round, full of tangy, sweet and warm flavors.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are kid sister to the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread I posted on Saturday. Why am I making this a separate post you ask?
A: Different quantity of ingredients unless you want 48 cupcakes! B: Different method of assembly and mixing of batters. C: Different baking times.
That Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread has been a recipe I’ve been wanting to make for quite some time. Last year I made my Cheesecake Filled Pumpkin Bread Bars and my Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, but the delicious cream cheese, pumpkin and chocolate combo of this recipe is just irresistible.
Basically hey these muffins are a different animal to the bread. These beauties are quicker, more portable, able to be served to large crowds easily and oh, by the way they freeze amazingly. Plus can you really tell me if you were offered one of these delicious muffins you would turn them down?
Tools Used in the Making of These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins:
Ice Cream Scoop: Perfect for portioning the muffins and quickly scooping without blending the batter too much.
Mini Chocolate Chips: The mini chips are the perfect size for these cupcakes, they don’t overwhelm the top and perfectly dot throughout the middle.
Canned Pumpkin: Different than your pumpkin pie filling, this is pure pumpkin.
AllSpice Spice Rack: I use this spice rack and fill up the bottles with freshly purchased spices. PS, we’re talking a huge difference, last week I bought nutmeg in bulk (enough to fill the bottle) for under a dollar and the bottled variety in the store was almost seven dollars.
Foil Baking Cups: These are double lined. So if you bake them in the foil/liner cup and decide you would rather ditch the foil, you can peel the foil off and have a neutral colored liner.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (divided)
- 8 oz . cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to the bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg into the bowl and whisk until just combined.
To make the cream cheese layers, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add the cream cheese layer to the bowl of pumpkin batter in spoonfuls and mix just a tiny bit, just enough so the clumps are slightly connected.
- With an ice cream scoop add the batter to your muffin liners
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean
Yield: 24 muffins, Amount per serving: 188 calories, Calories: 188g, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 115mg, Potassium: 55mg, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 32.9g, Vitamin C: 0.5g, Calcium: 3.1g, Iron: 4.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.
One last bite shot… because…