Cookie Dough Fudge is a hybrid of delicious edible chocolate chip cookie dough and the creamiest fudge ever. No thermometer required or marshmallows.
COOKIE DOUGH FUDGE
This time of year, the kitchen is being taken over by baking cookies and cupcakes, I figured you needed an easy recipe to enjoy. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge is just that. It’s so simple to make, you don’t even need to use the stovetop or turn on the oven. Like our Chocolate Walnut Fudge, it’s made with sweetened condensed milk which gives it it’s creaminess. You’ll love it so much that you won’t reserve this just for Christmas, you’ll want to eat it all year long.
We’ve all tried to get a taste from the bowl of raw cookie dough, haven’t we? It’s just not fair that due to the raw egg it’s considered forbidden, but did you know that raw flour is also a big no-no? Luckily, there’s an easy fix to making uncooked flour safe to eat. Simply place it into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for about a minute until it gets hot. Problem solved!
EASY CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES
You can also treat flour in your oven if you’re going to be making large quantities or prefer not to use the microwave. To heat flour safely in the oven:
How to heat treat flour:
Heat treating (pasteurizing) flour is the process of baking your flour to 160 degrees to kill bacteria that may be present in the flour by baking it on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON COOKIE DOUGH FUDGE
- Toppings: Customize your Cookie Dough Fudge by topping them with sprinkles, drizzle the top of the fudge with melted peanut butter or add crushed nuts.
- Gluten-Free: Make sure to use a Gluten-Free All-Purpose flour and check the labels on the chocolate packages. Though it’s naturally Gluten-Free, some brands might have cross-contamination and it’s better to be safe.
- Vegan: To make this recipe vegan, swap out the sweetened condensed milk for coconut condensed milk and make sure to use organic sugar, vegan butter and vegan chocolate.
MORE CANDY RECIPES
HOW LONG IS COOKIE DOUGH FUDGE GOOD?
- Store: Place the Cookie Dough Fudge in an airtight container with parchment paper between each layer to keep them from sticking together. They can be kept either at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Fudge is easily freezable. Wrap them in wax paper first, then double wrap them in plastic wrap before placing them into a freezer-safe storage bag. Make sure as much of the air is out of the bag before placing it in the freezer. They’ll be good for up to 3 months.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with heavy duty foil and spray it with vegetable oil spray.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Microwave flour in a large bowl for 1 minute until hot.
- Let flour cool for 2 minutes (stir to speed this step).
- Add flour and salt to stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- In a large bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate disks, then microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, stirring between each time in the microwave.
- Add melted chocolate to stand mixture in a thin stream on medium speed and beat for 2 minutes until mixture is cool (if it is not cool let it sit for five minutes or the chocolate chips will melt).
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread fudge into prepared pan and top with remaining chips, pressing them in gently.
- Refrigerate until fudge is firm, about 3 hours.