Cranberry Bread made with a buttery cake base and fresh cranberries this is an easy festive cranberry dessert!
Cranberry Bread doesn’t have to just be served during the Christmas and Thanksgiving season, with frozen cranberries we make this sweet bread any time of year! Cranberry Bread is a traditional American quick bread recipe like banana bread or Pumpkin Chocolate Bread.
To keep this recipe simple and traditional with cranberry flavors I keep milk in the recipe like in my blueberry bread recipe. I could use orange juice as is traditionally used in many cranberry bread recipes but I didn’t want to add a second flavor to this recipe. The first time you make this recipe I suggest making it the way it is written in the recipe card, it is the best cranberry bread ever.
Next time you want to make it, if you’d like to add orange to this recipe use the recipe variation below:
Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
- Plus if you want to make this recipe even more amazing use orange juice in place of the milk.
- Use the zest of one orange and you’ll have the best ever cranberry orange bread recipe ever.
TOPPINGS AND MIX-INS:
- Almonds: Top with sliced almonds or finely chopped almonds
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar with just a tablespoon of water until barely able to mix then dip the bread upside down into it.
- Orange Glaze: Make the glaze as directed above except instead of using water use orange juice in its place for a punch of extra orange flavor along with orange zest from one orange.
- White Chocolate Chips: White Chocolate Chips is a great muted addition to the flavors of the cranberry (like in Starbucks Bliss Bars).
- Candied Orange Peel: If you want even more orange flavor, add chopped candied orange peel to the top of the bread with a glaze.
- Cream Cheese: Use the cream cheese filling recipe in my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread Recipe.
Cranberry Bread Muffins:
Bake in muffin liners for 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove from the muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
Why did my Cranberry Bread drop after baking?
- Make sure you’re measuring your dry ingredients exactly, especially the all purpose flour. If you’re using a measuring scoop, try using a butter knife to level the all purpose flour before mixing it in.
- Be careful not to over-mix the dough, stop when the flour mixture is just mixed in.
- Make sure your baking powder is fresh and not expired.
- Use an oven-safe thermometer to make sure your oven is baking true to temperature.
Cranberry Bread Tips:
- Check your fresh cranberries for any that are not ripe.
- For a deeper, more caramelized flavor you can add half brown sugar and half white sugar.
- You can bake this in one large 8×4 inch loaf pan or 2 mini loaf pans.
- If using mini loaf pans reduce your cook time to 30-35 minutes.
How to make this into a bundt cake:
Double the recipe and bake in a bundt pan at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes.
More Recipes for the Holiday Season:
- Peppermint Bark – The best and easiest Christmas candy!
- Oreo Balls – The classic no-bake dessert gift!
- Buckeye Balls – Homemade candy mix of peanut butter and chocolate
- White Trash Snack Mix – A festive mix of candies and pretzels
- Gingerbread Cookies – These cookies are award winning!
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Cranberry Bread made with a buttery cake base and a cup full of cranberries this is an easy festive cranberry dessert!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (frozen okay too)
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a stand mixer cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes then add in the vanilla and eggs until fully combined
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and baking powder before adding it into the stand mixer on low speed, alternating with the milk until just combined.
Stir the cranberries in by hand until just combined and pour into the pan and bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 284 calories, Calories: 284g, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 101mg, Potassium: 102mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 27g, Vitamin A: 235g, Calcium: 44g, Iron: 1.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.