Christmas White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix combines pretzels, cereal, peanuts and chocolate coated candies with a coating of white chocolate.
CHRISTMAS WHITE CHOCOLATE TRASH SNACK MIX
Christmas White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix has been a favorite holiday gift for many years, since a small container of it costs $$ from a department store and this is much easier!
White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix is a no bake, microwave friendly recipe which takes just five minutes to make in one large batch. Everything but the white chocolate goes into the trash bag which is shaken for just a couple of seconds and then a second shaking of the bag with the melted chocolate added makes a HUGE batch of delicious snack mix with no cleanup! The best part is that with strong trash bags you won’t have to worry about any tears (can you imagine that kitchen mess?!) or the top opening up thanks to the break resistant drawstring.
You can add almost anything you’d like to this Christmas White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix but the classic recipe is attached. You could add raisins or cranberries as well as different shapes of pretzels (sticks are pokier than the mini pretzels, which are much more friendly to bag up in gift bags).
If you’re looking for a Halloween version, simply swap out the chocolate coated candies for brown and orange versions (you can even add in yellow). Save yourself lots of money and make a huge batch yourself, you’ll be glad you didn’t decided on baking cookies for everyone instead. Plus, it is the perfect snack because the white chocolate helps keep the snack mix from getting stale.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
You may not think of of incorporating trash bags into your kitchen tolls, but some awesome recipes can be made with them including the Shrimp Boil from a few months ago. Most people think of the obvious uses for trash bags and others get creative, crafting with them.
If your life revolves around the kitchen, and when you are used to cooking in large quantities a good quality trash bag is a HUGE lifesaver when it comes to prep. In smaller doses people routinely use sandwich or even gallon sized bags for adding ingredients, marinating and more. When you’re cooking for 50, a clean and sanitary option larger than the largest mixing bowl is essential to your kitchen!
Tools Used in the making of this Christmas White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix:
White Chocolate Melting Candy: Melts great, doesn’t burn, a total pleasure to work with.
Christmas M&Ms: Any color combo will do, you can customize to your desired holiday or occasion.
Hefty Trash Bags: Makes this recipe a total breeze to make and clean up after!
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS WHITE CHOCOLATE TRASH SNACK MIX
- Serve: Once cooled, Christmas White Chocolate Trash Mix can be left out for the duration of any gathering.
- Store: Store Christmas White Chocolate Trash Mix in an airtight container, or wrap in individual cellophane bags for gifting, to keep fresh for up to a month.
- Freeze: It is not recommended to freeze this snack mix, as the moisture from defrosting would make the cereal and pretzel pieces soggy.
- 20 ounces white chocolate chips , (2 bags)
- 1 large box rice cereal
- 16 ounces mini pretzels , (1 bag)
- 10 ounces M&Ms
- 2 cups peanuts , (salted is preferred but unsalted would work too)
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Add the cereal, pretzels, ¾ of the chocolate candies (reserve some for sprinkling on top so the red and green color stands out) and peanuts to a large trash bag.
- Close and shake the bag for a few seconds to mix the ingredients.
- Open the bag and add the melted chocolate.
- Close the bag again and shake until fully coated, about 30 seconds.
- Spread out to dry.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.