WHAT CAN YOU SERVE WITH EASY SHRIMP BOIL?
- Cole Slaw
- Macaroni Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Potato Salad
- Baked Beans
- Baked Mac and Cheese
WHAT IS IN SHRIMP BOIL SEASONING
- Mustard seeds
- Black peppercorns
- Cayenne pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
HOW DO I PREP FRESH SHRIMP FOR A BOIL?
Create a free account to Save Recipes
HOW LONG SHOULD I BOIL SHRIMP FOR?
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY SHRIMP BOIL
- Drain the boil, then you can either pour it out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or onto a table covered with newspaper.
- I’ve made this using other ingredients like crab, whole garlic instead of just cloves, and quartered russet potatoes instead of red potatoes. You can also use kielbasa instead of andouille sausage.
- I don’t recommend using frozen shrimp for this recipe because the cooking time will be different and it won’t be as flavorful as fresh shrimp. But if that’s what you have, make sure to defrost the shrimp completely before boiling.
- Top with fresh parsley when serving.
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 large yellow onion , cut into 8 wedges
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound red potatoes , cut into quarters
- 4 ears corn , cut into three inch sections
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp , unpeeled
- 1 pound cooked andouille sausage , sliced
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- 3 lemons , cut in half for serving
- Parsley for garnish , optional
- hot sauce , optional
- Combine first 12 ingredients (through cayenne pepper) and 8 cups water in a large pot (preferably with a strainer insert).
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, and corn and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove them, along with the onions to a pan and add in the shrimp and sausage until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add 4 cups ice cubes, and let the pot sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and sausage and combine with the corn and potatoes and onions on a baking sheet.
- Serve with hot sauce on the side (optional) and halved lemons.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hefty.