Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, sweet, and perfect for the holidays. With tart cranberries, melty chocolate chips, and cinnamon crumble topping.
CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
This homemade bread recipe is so easy and delicious, it’s like having a bakery in your own house. The melted chocolate bits, chewy cranberries, and coarse crumbs on top all come together for the perfect blend of flavor and texture. You won’t be able to get enough of this cranberry bread with a chocolate twist!
Sweetbread recipes like this one are perfect to serve around Christmas. Enjoy it as at a holiday brunch, or even as a sweet side dish to go with a classic holiday dinner. It makes an especially great homemade gift that you can wrap up and give to neighbors, friends, and family.
With the cranberries, warm cinnamon, and rich chocolate, Cranberry Chocolate Chip Quick Bread is all the delicious things you expect from Christmas. For a sweet holiday dessert, serve it warm with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top. For a Christmas breakfast, serve it with a cup of Hot Chocolate. There’s really no time this easy bread won’t be the perfect treat.
MORE SWEET BREAD RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY CRANBERRY BREAD
- You can combine the ingredients in an electric mixer or mixing bowl if you don’t have one.
- To make sure the bread dough doesn’t stick to the mixing bowl, you can use a greased bowl that you’ve prepared with cooking spray.
- You should also prepare the loaf pan with baking spray.
- Make sure to sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, before mixing them in with the wet ingredients.
- When you stir the wet and dry ingredients together, be careful not to overmix. The desired consistency will still have a few lumps in it.
- Pour the dough into your prepared pan, and sprinkle the brown sugar topping over the top before popping it in the preheated oven.
- Bake until golden brown. Then put a wooden pick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is done baking.
- Let the bread cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan and letting it sit on a wire rack.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- Flour: Instead of using all-purpose flour you can try using wheat flour or a flour mixture of wheat and white flour. You could also use almond flour, oat flour, or coconut flour for gluten-free bread.
- Add-ins: For some flavor additions mix in a little vanilla extract, orange juice, or peanut butter. You could also add chopped walnuts to the chocolate chip mixture for some crunch. To change up the chocolate try using miniature semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks, or white chocolate chips for White Chocolate Cranberry Bread.
- Fruit: Instead of using fresh or frozen cranberries try dried cranberries. You could also use other tart berries like raspberry, and strawberries. For some citrus taste use zest from an orange peel. If you have overripe bananas make Cranberry Banana Bread. Reduce the butter and add in 1 mashed banana to the dough in the mixing bowl to make it.
- Chocolate: If you love chocolate breads then take the chocolatey taste up a notch by mixing in some cocoa powder. You can also add a cocoa drizzle glaze on top of the bread.
- Oil replacements: You can replace the melted butter in the recipe with coconut oil, mashed bananas, or applesauce.
- Egg replacement: To replace the Large egg in the recipe use flax eggs. You could also use applesauce or Greek yogurt instead of flax eggs.
- Sweeteners: If you want to try different sweeteners try coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, or liquid stevia instead of regular granulated sugar.
- Mini loaves: Instead of making one full-size loaf, you can divide the dough up into mini loaf pans. This is a great option if you want to give the Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread as a gift.
MORE SWEET HOLIDAY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- Serve: You can store Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread at room temperature for up to 3 days. Let the bread cool, then wrap it in plastic wrap or put them in an airtight container to store in the pantry.
- Store: Kept in an airtight container in the fridge the sweet bread should keep well for 4-5 days.
- Freeze: To keep Cranberry Chip Bread for longer, store it in the freezer. Kept sealed it can stay good frozen for 3 months.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread:
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries , halved (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cold
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- Into a large bowl whisk together milk, egg, sugar, and melted butter.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and add it into the bowl.
- Whisk until just combined then fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- To make crumble using a fork, mash together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until it makes coarse crumbles then sprinkle it over the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 20 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.