Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread is fun and easy twist on the perfect holiday breakfast made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
If you liked my recipe for Gooey Monkey Bread and want to try out a rich, holiday version, then you need to try this recipe. Great for Christmas morning, brunch, or a Thanksgiving dessert, Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread is the perfect sweet, gooey treat and if you’re looking for more Breakfast Recipes you should look through our index of them because we have a lot of delicious holiday recipes great for a crowd.
CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread from scratch is extremely easy to make, and it looks beautiful on any holiday table. This is one of my favorite recipes for the holidays because of how easy it is to make, and how fun it looks when it comes out of the oven. This version of Monkey Bread has delicious cinnamon roll pieces floating in it, which gives it an unusual and delicious texture.
To make your own Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread loaf, start by preheating the oven and greasing a bundt pan with cooking spray. If you’re thinking of “fixing” the bundt with a flower pot ala “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” wait until after it’s finished baking. Also, it’s pronounced “boondt.”
MORE DELICIOUS HOLIDAY BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large bundt pan.
- Add cinnamon and sugar to a large bowl and stir.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into six pieces.
- Add the pieces to the bowl and gently coat them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add half the dough balls and arrange them in your bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and melted butter.
- Pour half the butter mixture over the first layer.
- Arrange the rest of the cinnamon roll pieces in a second layer.
- Pour the rest of the melted butter mixture over the top and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until it’s cooked through and golden brown.
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD
- Add ins: If you’ve never tried pecan Monkey Bread, caramel cinnamon roll Monkey Bread, or apple Monkey Bread, then you’re missing out. All you have to do to change up the flavor is add the extra ingredients into the bag with the cinnamon sugar and you’re ready to go.
- Toppings: Try dusting the top with cinnamon sugar, confectioner’s sugar or brown sugar to make it look even fancier. The cake turns out very shiny, so the matte look of the toppings adds an amazing contrast. Set it on top of a fancy serving plate or cake stand and show off your beautiful work.
- Nuts: Add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans for a great crunchy topping like your favorite cinnabon roll.
- Chocolate Chips: Add chocolate chips to the mixture and topping of your monkey bread for a delicious chocolatey addition!
- Different Sauces: If you want to use a different sauce than the packet that comes with your cinnamon rolls, try this Salted Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Ganache!
EASY QUICK BREAD RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST:
HOW LONG IS CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD GOOD?
- Serve: You can keep Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you do go this route, you should absolutely keep it in an airtight container. If you add any kind of icing or frosting to it, refrigerate instead of storing at room temperature.
- Store: Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread is best eaten fresh, since it is difficult to reheat. Put the bread into an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap and it will last in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freeze: Can you freeze monkey bread after baking? No, you absolutely should not. The sugar gets extremely hard and when you thaw it out it turns into a soggy mess.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 35 ounces Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing , (2 packages)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large bundt pan.
Add cinnamon and sugar to a large bowl and stir.
Cut each cinnamon roll into six pieces.
Add the pieces to the bowl and gently coat them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Add half the dough balls and arrange them in your bundt pan.
In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and melted butter.
Pour half the butter mixture over the first layer.
Arrange the rest of the cinnamon roll pieces in a second layer.
Pour the rest of the melted butter mixture over the top and put it in the oven.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until it's cooked through and golden brown.
Let cool for five minutes then place a large plate or cake pedestal upside down over the top of your bundt pan and carefully and quickly flip it over to remove the monkey bread from the pan.
Top with icing packets drizzled over the top (best if you warm these in a bowl first).
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 412 calories, Calories: 412g, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 663mg, Potassium: 8mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 32g, Vitamin A: 236g, Calcium: 10g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.