Cream of Celery Soup is so easy to make using up your leftover celery. Done in 20 minutes, perfect for all your condensed soup recipes and freezes great!
Cream of Celery Soup is the third post in a new series I’m referring to as the Kitchen Pantry series here on the blog. We’re already amassing a pretty good number of recipes for you to keep in your back pocket. Hopefully you find this resource is helpful for you, keeping you away from a lot of the pre-packaged products.
This recipe is so easy to make it will shock you how quick it is and how much more you want to make those recipes again now that you have a natural swap you can make! Plus, it FREEZES!
Some Pantry recipes for you to enjoy:
- Cream of Chicken Soup (Condensed)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed)
- Taco seasoning
- Homemade Cool Whip
- Best Homemade Enchilada Sauce (Top 10 Ways to Use It!)
Have requests? Please leave them below!
I’ll also be posting a lot of recipes that use these pantry ingredients this fall. And if you have a recipe that calls for a can of condensed cream of celery soup, use this recipe directly.
If you’d like to enjoy this Cream of Celery Soup as a bowl of soup?
- Swap out the evaporated milk for cream, add in some minced onion and carrots, some fresh thyme and slice the celery thicker.
- If you’d like, give it a splash of white wine too.
Tools Used in the making of this Condensed Cream of Celery Soup:
Food Processor: This is the newer version of the one I have used and loved for ten years. It is a workhorse and the new model has similarly awesome reviews…and it is so affordable!
AllSpice Spice Rack: I use this spice rack and fill up the bottles with freshly purchased spices. It’s basically one of the most beautiful things in my kitchen and when you’re working with a large quantity of spices, not having to hunt and peck through your cupboards makes everything go at warp speed.
Evaporated Milk: I love using this because it helps with the freezing of the soup. If you’re using it fresh feel free to use heavy cream or half and half.
Cream of Celery Soup (Condensed)
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Ingredient, Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt.
- Add in the onion, celery, garlice, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the flour and stir ingredients together well for about a minute to let the flour cook a bit.
- Add in the evaporated milk and chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Use this recipe to replace 2 cans of condensed cream of celery soup.
Yield: 2 Servings, Amount per serving: calories
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.Save