About a year ago we moved from Los Angeles to Sacramento. At first I thought it would just be a fun new adventure and I was only sad about leaving friends and family behind. Plus, I don’t know how familiar you are with either location’s real estate market, but you can buy about four times the house up here so that was a really nice silver lining! Then the homesickness kicked in.
Today’s recipe (which is generously sponsored by Viva® Vantage®) is another one of my local hometown favorite foods, Iced Sea Salt Coffee.The base of this drink is a classic cold brewed coffee which is where Viva® Vantage® towels come into play. I make gallons of iced coffee all summer long and with the heat refusing to die down I’ve been drinking it well into the Fall season. Until recently I had been using my super expensive chinois to help make my iced coffee because:
- I was too lazy to go out and buy coffee filters (give me a break I use a Keurig!) and…
- My paper towels would pill and disintegrate into my coffee giving me paper towel flavored iced coffee…I know, delicious right?
Recently I attended a Viva® Towels home party and in addition to having a great time getting to know some local bloggers (a big deal for a newer blogger like me!) I got to enjoy a delicious brunch and test out these towels that had a great stretchy-strength. Viva® Towels is asking people to switch things up for 7 days and use Viva® Vantage® in place of the ones they currently use and I was happy to take the challenge.
People at the party were using paper towels as colanders and I immediately knew I had a pretty good shot at putting my chinois back to use in its normal capacity and making a kitchen switch up to Viva® Vantage®.
Other great switch ups were using Viva® Vantage® to:
- Wrap a paper towel around lettuce to keep it fresher longer
- Drain your cooked bacon kabobs to wick away extra fat and calories
- Scrub potatoes and mushrooms clean easily without any fibers left behind
and my favorite
- Putting a wet paper towel under your cutting board to prevent it from moving while you work!
It was so easy to use them, I didn’t even have to fold them into multiple layers and I had no issues with pilling or tearing even with the weight of the liquid and coffee grounds pouring through the towels. Combine the cold water and coffee grounds in a large container. Stir and let sit for 24 hours.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee
- Viva Vantage Paper Towels
- Combine the cold water and coffee grounds in a large container.
- Stir and let sit for 24 hours.
- Take a couple of Viva® Vantage® paper towels and pour your coffee through the towel into a clean pitcher.
- Add the sugar and whisk together until it is dissolved.
- Put the coffee in the fridge until you are ready to make your drink.
- Whip the heavy cream until it is thick and frothy, but quite as thick as whipped cream.
- Add sea salt to the cream.
- Pour coffee over ice, leaving about an inch of room.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the salted cream on top of the coffee, stir and enjoy.
- I like to add a little sprinkle of salt on top, but you can enjoy it as is.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Viva® Vantage®.