Cold brewed Sea Salt Coffee is the most amazing cold brewed coffee drink you’ve probably never tried. This Iced Coffee is sweetened slightly with a whipped cream topping and flavor-enhanced with a sprinkle of sea salt. All mixed together and you’ll get the most deliciously complex (but EASY!) coffee drink you’ve never had, Iced Sea Salt Coffee. Coffee that is not bitter because it is cold brewed, slightly sweet with rich cream that is has a hint of sea salt to top it off. Yup, salty, sweet, rich, creamy coffee. It will blow your mind, or at least give you a new favorite way to enjoy your coffee.
About a year ago we moved from Los Angeles to Sacramento. At first I thought it would just be a fun new adventure and I was only sad about leaving friends and family behind. Plus, I don’t know how familiar you are with either location’s real estate market, but you can buy about four times the house up here so that was a really nice silver lining! Then the homesickness kicked in.
Today’s recipe (which is generously sponsored by Viva® Vantage®) is another one of my local hometown favorite foods, Iced Sea Salt Coffee.The base of this drink is a classic cold brewed coffee which is where Viva® Vantage® towels come into play. I make gallons of iced coffee all summer long and with the heat refusing to die down I’ve been drinking it well into the Fall season. Until recently I had been using my super expensive chinois to help make my iced coffee because:
- I was too lazy to go out and buy coffee filters (give me a break I use a Keurig!) and…
- My paper towels would pill and disintegrate into my coffee giving me paper towel flavored iced coffee…I know, delicious right?
Recently I attended a Viva® Towels home party and in addition to having a great time getting to know some local bloggers (a big deal for a newer blogger like me!) I got to enjoy a delicious brunch and test out these towels that had a great stretchy-strength. Viva® Towels is asking people to switch things up for 7 days and use Viva® Vantage® in place of the ones they currently use and I was happy to take the challenge.
People at the party were using paper towels as colanders and I immediately knew I had a pretty good shot at putting my chinois back to use in its normal capacity and making a kitchen switch up to Viva® Vantage®.
Other great switch ups were using Viva® Vantage® to:
- Wrap a paper towel around lettuce to keep it fresher longer
- Drain your cooked bacon kabobs to wick away extra fat and calories
- Scrub potatoes and mushrooms clean easily without any fibers left behind
and my favorite
- Putting a wet paper towel under your cutting board to prevent it from moving while you work!
It was so easy to use them, I didn’t even have to fold them into multiple layers and I had no issues with pilling or tearing even with the weight of the liquid and coffee grounds pouring through the towels. Combine the cold water and coffee grounds in a large container. Stir and let sit for 24 hours. Take a couple of Viva® Vantage® towels and pour your coffee through the towel into a clean container. Add the sugar and whisk together until it is dissolved. Put the coffee in the fridge until you are ready to make your drink. Whip the heavy cream until it is thick and frothy, but not until it is as thick as whipped cream. Add sea salt to the cream. Pour the coffee over ice, but leave about an inch of room. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the salted cream on top of the coffee, stir and enjoy. I like to add a little sprinkle of salt on top, but you can enjoy it as is.
Iced Sea Salt Coffee (Cold Brewed)
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 1 day
- Total Time: 1 day
- Course: Drink
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee
- Viva Vantage Paper Towels
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Combine the cold water and coffee grounds in a large container.
Stir and let sit for 24 hours.
- Take a couple of Viva® Vantage® paper towels and pour your coffee through the towel into a clean pitcher.
- Add the sugar and whisk together until it is dissolved.
- Put the coffee in the fridge until you are ready to make your drink.
- Whip the heavy cream until it is thick and frothy, but quite as thick as whipped cream.
- Add sea salt to the cream.
- Pour coffee over ice, leaving about an inch of room.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the salted cream on top of the coffee, stir and enjoy.
- I like to add a little sprinkle of salt on top, but you can enjoy it as is.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 277 calories, Calories: 277g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 81mg, Sodium: 325mg, Potassium: 44mg, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 17.5g, Vitamin C: 0.4g, Calcium: 4.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Viva® Vantage®.