Orange Marmalade French Toast Bake is the perfect fluffy breakfast bake with a sweet marmalade topping, crunchy pecans, and warm spices.
This is such a fun and flavorful twist on a Classic French Toast Bake. The easy marmalade topping adds a sweet and bright taste that’s perfect to wake you up in the morning. Serve this amazing Breakfast Recipe for the holidays, a weekend brunch, or anytime you want a big family breakfast.
ORANGE MARMALADE FRENCH TOAST BAKE
This French Toast recipe is easy to prep in just a few minutes. Simply combine the bread slices with easy egg custard, then add it to a baking dish with spoonfuls of marmalade. After that, all you have to do is pop it in the oven. The bread bakes to a beautiful golden brown color with a soft and fluffy texture.
This is sure to become one of your favorite brunch recipes. French Toast Bakes are great for when you have a big group to feed. You get the flavor and texture of Traditional French Toast, but you don’t have to stand over a griddle flipping each piece of toast. Instead, it’s all combined into one pan and baked to perfection. Bakes like this one are also easy to add different add-ins and flavors to, just like with this marmalade version.
Thanks to the marmalade filling, you can enjoy the French Toast Bake with or without toppings. It tastes great either way! But if you want some great toppings to go with this recipe, try adding cinnamon sugar, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, Whipped Cream, or chocolate syrup.
MORE FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
COOKING TIPS FOR ORANGE MARMALADE FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- Prep: To get ready to start the recipe pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 8×10 casserole dish with a coating of cooking spray. Then Slice the French loaf into ½ inch bread slices.
- Egg mixture: For the next step, add the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and pecans. Add the bread slices and stir gently to coat the mixture over bread, and let it soak in.
- Assemble: Then put half the mixture in the base of the casserole dish. Layer spoonfuls of marmalade over bread. Top that off with the remaining bread slices and the remaining marmalade.
- Baking time: Bake for 45-50 minutes until the French toast bake is beautifully golden brown.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Instead of a French bread loaf, there are plenty of different kinds of bread you can use in this recipe. Brioche bread, Italian bread, Sourdough bread, challah bread, or Texas toast would all work well for the bread pieces.
Along with the orange marmalade, you can add more bright orange flavor to the recipe by mixing orange juice into the egg custard. Just replace 1 cup of the milk with orange juice and mix in 1 tablespoon orange zest with the egg mixture. It will soak into the bread and give it a sweet, citrusy taste.
Instead of orange marmalade, you can use different kinds of jam in the recipe. A French toast bake would taste amazing with Strawberry Jam, raspberry jam, Blueberry Jam, or mixed berry jam.
There are plenty of fun mix-ins you can add to this recipe. Instead of pecans, you can try other kinds of nuts like almonds, cashews, or walnuts. You can also add fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE ORANGE MARMALADE FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- Serve: You can keep this recipe at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: After that, cover the dish in tin foil or plastic wrap to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also seal and freeze the French Toast Bake for up to 3 months. Reheat it in the oven before serving.
- 16 ounces French bread , sliced ½ inch thick
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8×10 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and pecans.
- Add in the bread and gently stir until custard is soaked in.
- Pour half the mixture into the baking dish.
- Top with spoonfuls of orange marmalade.
- Add the remaining bread in spoonfuls and top with dollops of remaining orange marmalade.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.