Today these cookies are making an appearance in cheesecake form for my sweet husband’s birthday. Cheesecake is his absolute favorite dessert, so when I asked him what flavor he wanted, he immediately said “Peanut butter…no Oreo…no! Oreo Cookie Cookie!” What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets!
This cheesecake is amazing and you’ll love every bite! This tray was able to make 48 bites. I left half as is and the second half I piped melted semisweet chocolate over. My husband’s office enjoyed those chocolate covered ones!
- 15 graham crackers , crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 10 Oreos , finely ground
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk , at room temperature
- 4 eggs , at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream , at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Oreo Chunk Cookies , broken into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 9x13 metal baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and oreo crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Add the Oreo Chunk Cookie chunks to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Let sit at room temperature for an hour until the pan is cooled down.
- Freeze for a few hours, then using a sharp knife and bowl of hot water, cut the cheesecake into squares.
I would normally have it all broken down in steps for you, but it is a basic cheesecake construction and I was in the middle of 8 recipes at once for the big birthday dinner. He didn’t request an easy meal! We had Toasted Mexican Rice, Guapo’s Salsa, Homemade Mexican Lasagna made with fresh tortillas and a jumbo pico salad. Even writing that all out makes me tired again! Try the cheesecake and the cookies! It may be hard to part with the cookies by putting them in the cheesecake! Luckily we still have about half a tray left, so I am going to be enjoying these all week! If only I made more desserts! Sheesh 😉