Pecan Brownies have a classic gooey, chocolatey brownie base made with simple pantry ingredients and crunchy pecans mixed in.
It’s no secret that we absolutely love brownies! What’s not to love? They are easy, gooey, chocolatey treats that are perfect for bake sales, potlucks, or family dessert nights. You can get a batch ready for the oven in practically no time to satisfy your chocolate cravings on any weeknight.
Whether you’re looking for classic brownies, Peanut Butter Brownies, Frosted Brownies, or Mint Brownies, you can find them on the website. This easy pecan version is just one more easy, chewy brownie to add to your dessert menu.
If you’re a chocolate lover, then these moist chocolate brownies are the dessert for you. They’re rich, gooey, and perfectly sweet. It only takes a few simple ingredients, like butter, cocoa powder, eggs, and flour, to make the chocolatey brownie base. Then mix in chopped pecans for some extra crunch to add some interest to this already wonderful dessert.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING PECAN BROWNIES
- Prep time: Preheat the oven temperature to 350 degrees and spray a square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Batter: Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and melt it. Then add the melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Next, sift in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until combined with the wet ingredients. Fold ¾ cup of pecans into the chocolate mixture.
- Baking time: Spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Then sprinkle the remaining pecans as a pecan topping. Put the dish in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. To test if they’re done, stick a toothpick in the center of the brownies after 25 minutes. If the toothpick comes out with moist crumbs on it, the brownies are done. However, if there’s still batter on the toothpick, return to oven for additional minutes until cooked through.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PECAN BROWNIES
- Chocolate chips: For some extra chocolate flavor in the recipe, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips along with the pecans. Semisweet chocolate chips are the standard option, but you could also use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate.
- Mocha brownies: For some rich coffee flavor, try adding a tablespoon instant espresso powder with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Mix-ins and toppings: You can add a variety of mix-ins and topping ingredients to go along with the pecan layer. Try other nuts like walnuts, almonds, or cashews. You could also mix-in mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips, toffee bits, coconut flakes, or pretzel pieces. For extra toppings, sprinkle on some sea salt, confectioners sugar, or drizzle some melted chocolate or caramel over the brownies.
- Brownie mix: For a quicker recipe, you can use a boxed brownie mix. To make the boxed brownies taste like they’re from scratch, make a couple of alterations to the box instructions. Exchanging the water for milk, and the oil for melted butter makes the box brownies wonderfully chewy and fudgy.
- Pecan Pie Brownies: Add some sweetness and caramelized sugar to the pecan mixture to give these brownies a similar flavor to classic pecan pie. Make a brown sugar, maple, and pecan pie filling as a topping for the Pecan Pie Brownies. To make the pecan pie filling combine ⅓ cup maple syrup, ¾ cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon salt, and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Then add 2 cups of pecans and stir until coated. Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the brownie batter before baking.
MORE PECAN DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE PECAN BROWNIES
- Serve: This dessert can keep well at room temperature for up to 2 days. Cover them in plastic wrap or tin foil to keep the brownies from going stale.
- Store: You can also seal the Pecan Brownies to keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: To freeze the brownies, put them in a ziplock bag or another airtight container with the layers separated by parchment paper. They will stay good for up to 3 months.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecans , coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gently fold in ¾ cup of the pecans, being careful to not over-stir the brownie batter.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Place the remaining pecans evenly on the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.