Garlic Butter Mushrooms so easy to make and such an impressive side dish your guests will love for your favorite holiday meal or dinner party.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms are a quick and impressive side dish that are a staple for meals in our house where steak is served. They roast in the oven just like your favorite vegetables would and after a quick toss in some butter they are ready to be served.
This year we served these Garlic Butter Mushrooms with the Perfect Prime Rib, Perfect Potato Latkes and my kid’s favorite dish to help me make, Rainbow Roasted Vegetables. It was an easy menu since the Garlic Butter Mushrooms and the Rainbow Vegetables were roasting in the oven along side the Prime Rib. Then I just had to give my undivided attention to my latkes and a holiday meal was done.
This Garlic Butter Mushrooms recipe is so popular in our house even people who swear they hate mushrooms always end up taking seconds. It also happens to be a perfect basic recipe for how to cook mushrooms for other dishes.
Here are a few ways you can use these Garlic Butter Mushrooms in other ways:
- Brown some chicken breasts in a skillet, deglaze with a bit of white wine and chicken stock then add these mushrooms to the pan.
- Chop or slice up the mushrooms and add them as a topping to your favorite burgers.
- Add them to omelets, they’re the perfect filling.
- Cut some puff pastry into 3-4 inch squares, spread with cream cheese (leave a half inch border) and pile these mushrooms on top of the cream cheese. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes and serve as an appetizer.
- Top some crostini with some of these mushrooms and some blue cheese crumbles.
Tools Used in the making of these Garlic Butter Mushrooms:
Sheet Pan: A good quality sheet pan, I keep a stack of these in my kitchen. And they don’t need to be expensive. Just make sure you keep the food from touching each other/in a single layer for optimal roasting.
Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 pound mushrooms trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the mushrooms with canola oil, Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Spread the mixture onto a large cookie sheet in a single layer (the more space between the mushrooms the better).
Roast for 20-25 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove from pan and put into a bowl and toss with the butter.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 142 calories, Calories: 142g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 347mg, Potassium: 370mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 220g, Vitamin C: 4.7g, Calcium: 12g, Iron: 0.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.