Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches, also sometimes referred to as “crack chicken” are made with bacon, cream cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese and ranch seasonings and they’re a family favorite!
We love using our slow cooker during the fall and winter months because the food that it makes is always so comforting, like our favorite Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken which are family favorites.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
Crack Chicken may not be a term of endearment I’d use for this chicken but it is widely known by the name so we should at least mention it. Let’s refer to it here on out though at Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches, which I don’t know about you but that makes my mouth water.
The process of making this recipe is pretty hands off and fairly similar to the one used in making Buffalo Chicken Dip. The chicken and cream cheese and cheese and seasonings are all added to the slow cooker ahead of time. The only thing you have to add to your sandwich separately is the extra cheddar if you’d like it and the crumbled bacon.
Side Note: I know we’d love a dump and go crockpot crack chicken recipe but there’s no version of this that tastes good where you add the bacon to the crockpot. Just either buy crumbles or know you’re going to cook it off before making the sandwiches for the best flavors.
We love slow cooker sandwiches on the site, I’m sure you’ve probably seen them. Here’s some of our favorites!
- Ultimate Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
HOW DO YOU MAKE PULLED chicken SANDWICHES IN THE SLOW COOKER? HERE ARE SOME GREAT TIPS!
- Use skinless meat: Use skinless and boneless meat so you don’t have a lot of extra fat in the recipe.
- Season well: Since you’re adding all the seasonings in here and liquid will be a part of the results you want to season really well. in this case your packet of seasoning does the job for you but in other recipes make sure to season aggressively.
- Thicken your sauce in the slow cooker: If you’re adding sauce to your sandwiches, warmed sauce is infinitely more delicious that cold bottled sauce and the meat will stay moist in the slow cooker with the added sauce. In this case the sauce the sauce comes with the recipe, but in general be sure to manage your liquids in the slow cooker.
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 boxes
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon crumbled
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese and garlic powder to a slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Toast the hoagie rolls, scoop on the chicken and top with cheddar slice and crumbled bacon.