Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches made with a chuck roast, bbq seasoning rub and barbecue sauce will feed a crowd without firing up the grill or the smoker!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Sandwiches are quick, easy and feed a crowd. Plus, we love the fall apart tender meat bathed in sauce. These Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are fall apart tender and taste AMAZING thanks to the homemade bbq seasoning rub.
How do you make pulled meat sandwiches in the slow cooker? Here are some great tips!
- Use an adequately fatty cut of meat: Use a chuck roast, not an eye of round. Use chicken thighs, not breasts. Use pork butt/shoulder, not pork tenderloin.
- Season after searing: If you season then sear the meat hard you’ll scorch the seasonings. Plus with the long cooking time you’ll find the seasonings have plenty of time to flavor the meat.
- Let it cook without a bunch of added liquids: This chuck roast will release a bunch of liquid, you don’t want the meat floating in liquid.
- Let it cook another hour after adding sauce: Warmed sauce is infinitely more delicious that cold bottled sauce and the meat will stay moist in the slow cooker with the added sauce.
Like this recipe? Then Like us on Facebook!
Homemade BBQ Rub Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
If you prefer to buy your BBQ rub my absolute favorites are this one, this one and this one. Plus I have extra love for the Traeger rub as I just got a new Pro 34 Traeger smoker I’m absolutely in love with.
Things I’m in love with in this recipe? Not standing outside in the heat looking at the smoker. It’s been over 100 degrees outside all week!
You can make these sandwiches infinitely better toasting the hoagie rolls with a bit of brushed on melted butter. If using hamburger buns you can use brioche rolls like I do anytime we enjoy sloppy joe recipes.
If you’re making these sandwiches ahead of time for lunches just be sure to package the filling in a separate container or ziplock bag or saran wrap pouches.
Want to make the bbq sauce from scratch? THIS one is the one I ALWAYS make.
Like this recipe? You’ll like these, too!
- Add the canola oil to a heavy bottomed skillet or aluminum slow cooker insert.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat and sear the meat until well browned on all sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, kosher salt, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Rub the spices all over the chuck roast and add it to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the beef with two forks and mix in the barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Serve on toasted hoagie roll with cheese.