Slow Cooker McRib Sandwiches with an amazing baby back rib meat topped with the classic McDonald’s bbq sauce, onions and pickles.
Enter the Slow Cooker McRib Sandwiches, made from baby back ribs with the classic onion and pickle topping. The recipe is pretty darn easy and the bbq sauce is just a quick 15 minute simmer on the stovetop that you can do anytime. We also like to use the bbq sauce on chicken and slow cooker shredded beef here.
I use baby back ribs for the recipe for a few reasons. First, I think they’re the most tender and flavorful, second they fit best in the hoagie rolls. You can use any kind of ribs you prefer, but if you use a different cut, you may not get the same pretty rib “patty” look.
Looking for more BBQ Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Tony Roma’s Inspired Crispy Vidalia Sweet Onion Loaf with Original BBQ Sauce
- Tony Roma’s Inspired Coleslaw
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and a 4th of July Party Menu!
- Honey Bacon Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Looking for more Slow Cooker Sandwich ideas?
- Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Coming soon, Chicken Caesar, Chicken Bacon Ranch, French Dip, Italian Beef, BBQ Beef and more!
Tools used in the making of these Slow Cooker McRib Sandwiches:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
Spice Rack – I buy spices in bulk from local grocers and from Penzey’s. It’s less expensive and significantly higher quality than buying the jars individually but I ended up being left with tons of little bags of spices. Enter the spice rack.
Sheet Pan – This pan stands up to the high heat of broiling without warping and it is nonstick to boot.
For the Ribs:
- 1 rack of baby back ribs cut in half to fit the slow cooker
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
McDonalds BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 12 pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped onions in a large 1" dice
- Put the ribs in the slow cooker and top with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- While the ribs are cooking make your bbq sauce.
- Add the McDonalds BBQ Sauce ingredients into a saucepan and cook on low for 15-18 minutes or until sauce is thickened enough to coat a spoon and leave a line when you swipe your finger across the spoon.
- When ribs are done remove them from the slow cooker and put them onto a sheet pan.
- Cover with bbq sauce.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes on the top shelf of your oven.
- Spread butter on your hoagie rolls and toast.
- Slide the bones out of your ribs (they should come right out with a little twisting).
- Use ¼ of the ribs on each hoagie, then top each one with three pickles and a sprinkling of onion.