S’mores Cereal Bars are gooey no-bake treats perfect all school year and summer long. Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate chips make tasty s’mores to-go!
S’MORES CEREAL BARS
A popular and easy summer activity for kids is an old school backyard campout. The only thing missing (for good reason) from these backyard adventures is a campfire for tasty s’mores. No need to light up your backyard to win coolest parent on the block, just make these S’mores Cereal Bars. They have all the gooey flavor kids love with way less mess.
S’mores Cereal Bars are a simple recipe with just 4 ingredients and made in about 10 minutes. It doesn’t take long for the cereal bars to cool at room temperature so these kid friendly treats are ready to be gobbled down in just 30 minutes. They are so easy if you have older kids they can be in charge of making these treats themselves.
These S’mores Cereal Bars aren’t just a great summertime snack! You can make them for potlucks, lunch box treats, or whenever you are craving s’mores. This recipe uses ingredients you can get year round that you probably already have in your pantry. Plus you can easily swap out ingredients for what you have on hand.
Don’t melt the chips!
With this S’mores Cereal Bars recipe, you wait five minutes before adding the mini chocolate chips and rest of the marshmallows so they don’t melt. This method means not only prettier S’mores Cereal Bars but more distinct chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker flavors that you would get in a regular s’mores.
Use a muffin tin to make easy individual S’mores Cereal Bars with no knives. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and press the cereal mixture into each cup. You could also line the muffin tin with paper liners for a quick party snack that won’t melt in your guests hands and is easy to clean up.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
Give me more chocolate!
If you want even more chocolatey treats, you can dip your S’mores Cereal Bars in melted chocolate or drizzle them with this easy Chocolate Ganache! Just like normal s’mores, you can add all kinds of ingredients or change these bars up for a fun new recipe every time you make them. Try out the variations below or use them to spark ideas to make these your own!
VARIATIONS ON S’MORES CEREAL BARS
- Peanut Butter: Add in ½ cup creamy peanut butter to the butter marshmallow mixture once the marshmallows start to melt. Stir constantly until marshmallows melt. Don’t use natural peanut butter where the oil separates.
- Marshmallows: For whole marshmallow pieces, press mini marshmallows into the top of the cereal bars instead of mixing them in. Use these Homemade Marshmallows for extra gooey, vanilla-y S’mores Cereal Bars.
- Mallow Bits: Mallow Bits give a little burst of sugary sweetness and just look so cute with the mini chocolate chips.
- Chocolate: Give each bite more chocolate with regular chocolate chips like semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips, or press mini chocolate bars into the top of the bars before they are cooling.
- Cereal: Try this chocolate and marshmallow recipe with Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, Rice Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Add-Ins: Instead of chocolate chips, you can mix in mini M&Ms, chopped candy bars, Reeses Pieces, or crushed Oreo cookie pieces.
MORE FUN DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE S’MORES CEREAL BARS
- Serve: Keep your S’mores Cereal Bars at room temperature in a sealed storage bag or airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Store: Cereal Bars can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Bring them to room temperature before serving.
- Freeze: Layer cut bars in a freezer safe container with parchment paper between layers. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw on the counter before serving.
S'mores Cereal Bars
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
S'mores Cereal Bars are gooey no-bake treats perfect all school year and summer long. Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate chips make tasty s'mores to-go!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
In a large dutch oven, on medium heat, melt the butter then add the mini marshmallows and mix until completely melted.
Turn off the heat and fold in the Golden Grahams until coated.
Wait 5 minutes then sprinkle in ⅓ of the mini chocolate chips fold the mixture in half, sprinkle in some more, fold the mixture again and sprinkle the rest in.
Press the cereal mixture into a 9x9 inch baking pan and let cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 165 calories, Calories: 165g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 131mg, Potassium: 113mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 621g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 29g, Iron: 6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.