Stuffed Nutella French Toast is perfectly soft and fluffy battered brioche bread slices with creamy Nutella spread in the middle. Perfect for the holidays!
This recipe takes Traditional French Toast and adds a layer of dreamy chocolate hazelnut spread in the middle. It’s the ultimate Breakfast indulgence that you can serve for a weekend brunch or any special occasion.
STUFFED NUTELLA FRENCH TOAST
This delicious recipe is pure French toast heaven that any chocolate lover has to try. Even if you aren not a morning person, this Stuffed Nutella French Toast is sure to get you out of bed and excited for the day ahead. It’s the perfect way to get a dose of rich chocolate into your breakfast, and who wouldn’t want that?
Is there anything more delicious than a creamy Nutella spread? We love incorporating it into amazing breakfast dishes like our Strawberry Nutella Bread Pudding, Nutella Pastry Twists, and of course this Stuffed Nutella French Toast. The rich and sweet hazelnut spread melts in the middle and goes perfectly with the warm breading. It’s like having dessert for breakfast, making it perfect for a big holiday treat.
You can add an array of toppings over this delicious breakfast to dress it up even more. While there are classics like maple syrup, you might want to use toppings that are slightly less sweet like fresh berries and Whipped Cream. The berries will add a little bit of tartness to undercut the rest of the sugar in the recipe. It would taste great with strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries. You could also use a combination and enjoy mixed berries over the top of your Nutella Stuffed French Toast.
WHY USE STALE BREAD?
When it comes to French toast, it’s better to use slightly stale bread instead of a fresh loaf. Don’t worry, the finished recipe won’t taste stale at all! Dry bread just does a better job of soaking up the egg and milk custard, which makes the toast more light and airy. If you just bought a loaf of bread, leave the pieces of bread out overnight to make slightly stale bread.
FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
- Sandwiches: Spread Nutella over half of the slices of bread. Then place the remaining slice of bread over the top to make it into a simple sandwich.
- Egg mixture: Add the milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract to a shallow dish. Whisk the eggs with milk until the ingredients are well combined. Then dip the French toast sandwiches in the coating. Let any excess mixture drip off for a few seconds before cooking.
- Cooking time: Heat the stovetop or your griddle to medium-high heat. You want to use the largest skillet you have so that you can fit more of the toast on it. Melt butter in the skillet or prep it with cooking spray. Add the stuffed French toast to the heated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Peanut butter: Instead of a Nutella filling, you can spread smooth or crunchy peanut butter over the inside of the stuffed French toast.
- Berries: You can make French toast with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in the filling with the Nutella.
- Additional toppings: Try out classic toppings like cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, maple syrup, or Strawberry Topping.
- Bread: Instead of brioche, you can try different kinds of bread for this recipe like challah bread, French bread, potato bread, or whole grain breads.
SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Nutella Stuffed French Toast will keep well at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Cover the dish, or put the French Toast in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze the recipe for up to 3 months. To reheat the french toast, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven, or heat them up in a toaster oven.
- 12 slices thick cut brioche bread
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Spread Nutella on half the bread slices.
- Top with the remaining bread slices and press down gently.
- In a shallow bowl add the milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the butter to a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Dip the sandwiches on both sides into the egg/milk mixture and let drip for a few seconds.
- Add to the butter and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.