Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake with the richest chocolate cake made from scratch and covered in a dark chocolate ganache and extra chocolate chips.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake is a hugely popular cake with clients around the holidays. People love the bundt cakes, the ease of serving and the non-fruitcake quality this has while being low maintenance enough to be given as gifts.
Recipes for Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake across the internet usually call for box mixes and pudding mixes but I stick to my tried and true favorite One Minute Ganache recipe and Ina Garten’s amazing cake recipe which is both rich and bold.
If you aren’t a coffee drinker I highly recommend keeping an instant espresso powder on hand for baking.
Dark chocolate chips are a great complement to this Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake, but if you have a preferred chocolate you would like to use the ganache and chocolate chip topping could of course be any variety of chocolate you would like.
You may also just like to play around with the decoration of the cake, maybe using white chocolate ganache with the dark chocolate chips or vice versa. Just be careful using a milk chocolate variety against a much stronger flavor as the milk chocolate flavor tends to get lost in the mix.
Tools used in this Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe:
Bundt Cake Pan – The classic bundt cake pan.
Stand Mixer – The classic stand mixer, it’s always a huge help to get things mixed a heck of a lot faster. Plus, that blue! <3
Hand Mixer – For smaller jobs you don’t want to pull the large mixture out for, this hand mixer is a breeze.
Instant Espresso Powder – Perfect if you don’t constantly keep brewed coffee on hand.
Dark Chocolate Chips – My favorite dark chocolate chips, I keep them on hand in volume! More and more stores carry the brand now too, so when mine has a sale I buy 3 or 4 bags of every flavor. (Sometimes I can even get them for LESS than Nestle)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – This cocoa powder gives an amazing, dark, rich chocolate flavor. I also highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Brand of cocoa powder.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips , divided
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
- Add the flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- In a second bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the stand mixer on low.
- Add the coffee to the mixture until just combined.
Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before adding ganache (or it will run right off the cake).
- To make the ganache add the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments.
- Using a fork add the chocolate ganache in a zig-zag pattern.
- Garnish with remaining chocolate chips.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten.
This post contains affiliate links.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 426 calories, Calories: 426g, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 430mg, Potassium: 284mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 39g, Vitamin A: 220g, Vitamin C: 0.1g, Calcium: 103g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.