Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake with rich chocolate cake made from scratch and covered in a dark chocolate ganache and extra chocolate chips.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake will be a hugely popular cake with your gurests around the holidays. You’ll love that the bundt style cake offers ease of serving, and the non-fruitcake quality this has while being low maintenance enough to be given as gifts.
Recipes for Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake across the internet usually call for box mixes and pudding mixes but this recipe sticks to our tried and true favorite One Minute Ganache recipe and Ina Garten’s amazing cake recipe which is both rich and bold.
The recipe is easy made in a stand mixer, you can of course use a whisk or hand mixer since you aren’t creaming butter here, it’s just about combining ingredients. The most important thing to keep in mind about the recipe is the quality of the ingredients you’re using. Use a good espresso/coffee and the best cocoa powder.
If you aren’t a coffee drinker, it’s very easy to keep an instant espresso powder on hand for baking.
Dark chocolate chips are a great complement to this Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake, but if you have a preferred chocolate you would like to use, the ganache and chocolate chip topping could of course be any variety of chocolate you would like.
You may also just like to play around with the decoration of the cake, maybe using white chocolate ganache with the dark chocolate chips or vice versa. Just be careful using a milk chocolate variety against a much stronger flavor, as the milk chocolate flavor tends to get lost in the mix.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Tools used in this Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe:
Bundt Cake Pan – The classic bundt cake pan.
Stand Mixer – The classic stand mixer, it’s always a huge help to get things mixed a heck of a lot faster. Plus, that blue!
Hand Mixer – For smaller jobs you don’t want to pull the large mixture out for, this hand mixer is a breeze.
Instant Espresso Powder – Perfect if you don’t constantly keep brewed coffee on hand.
Dark Chocolate Chips – These are the best dark chocolate chips, and more and more stores carry the brand now too, so look out for sales (sometimes you can even get them for LESS than Nestle).
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – This cocoa powder gives an amazing, dark, rich chocolate flavor. I also highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Brand of cocoa powder.
How to Store Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Serve: Because of the cream in the ganache, this cake should not be left at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Wrap with plastic and store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Freeze: This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake will freeze, wrapped in a layer of plastic then foil, for 2-3 months. Freeze without any toppings and defrost at room temperature, then make a fresh batch of ganache and add the toppings before serving.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips , divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
- Add the flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- In a second bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the stand mixer on low.
- Add the coffee to the mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before adding ganache (or it will run right off the cake).
- To make the ganache add the ½ cup of heavy cream to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments.
- Using a fork add the chocolate ganache in a zig-zag pattern.
- Garnish with remaining chocolate chips.