White Chocolate Raspberry Shortbread Bars have an easy, buttery shortbread crust topped with sweet raspberry jelly and white chocolate.
This easy Dessert Recipe tops off simple sweet and crumbly Shortbread with an easy raspberry sauce and white chocolate drizzle. It’s the perfect sweet and tart recipe to enjoy with your family, serve for the holidays, or bring along to a party.
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD BARS
Raspberry and White Chocolate Shortbread Bars are an amazing combination of buttery texture, raspberry flavor, and sweet white chocolate. The cookie bar recipe comes together in about 45 minutes. Then just wait for the Raspberry White Chocolate Shortbread Bars to cool, before slicing them into perfect squares to enjoy.
The raspberry white chocolate combination makes this recipe great for the holidays. The colors of red and white, and delicious flavor, make for festive holiday food gifts or to serve at a holiday party. If you can’t get enough of the tangy and sweet flavors, try our Raspberry White Chocolate Scones. They’re a great way to enjoy the same amazing taste but in a breakfast recipe.
If you want to have Raspberry White Chocolate Bars partially prepped before even starting the recipe, you can make the buttery cookie crust in advance and freeze it. Prep the dough as usual. Then put the crust portion of it in the pan to bake. You’ll want to bake the topping part of the buttery shortbread cookie bars in a separate pan. Cover the pre-baked crust and freeze it in the pan for up to 3 months. Break the rest of the buttery shortbread cookie into crumbs, and freeze it in an airtight container.
When you’re ready to make the White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies, all you have to do is spread the raspberry jam over the buttery crust. Sprinkle the rest of the pre-baked dough on top. Pop the pan in the oven for a few minutes to heat the delicious recipe through. Then top it all off with the white chocolate mixture.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN RASPBERRY JELLY
You can easily make Raspberry White Chocolate Shortbread Bars using store bought raspberry jelly. However, if you have fresh berries, you can use them to make your own homemade sauce. It is a super simple recipe. All you’ll need are the berries, sugar, and some lemon juice if desired.
- To start the homemade sauce, add 8 pints of berries to a saucepan and bring them to a boil. The heat will break down the raspberries and make juice at the base of the pan.
- After a few minutes, strain the berries through a cheesecloth to extract the juice. You should have about 5 cups.
- Add the juice back into a pan with a 1 to 1 ratio of sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then continue to cook for about 30 minutes until it reaches a gel consistency.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional).
- Ladle the raspberry jelly into an airtight container and store in the fridge until using it for the Raspberry White Chocolate Shortbread Bars.
MORE COOKIE BAR RECIPES
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD BAR RECIPE TIPS
- Prep time: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shortbread dough: Add the butter and sugar to your stand mixer. Cream the ingredients together for 2-3 minutes. Then add the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Mix the shortbread cookie dough at medium-high speed until creamy. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the dough is just combined. The shortbread cookie dough should seem slightly crumbly. Spread half of the dough into the prepared pan for the cookie bar base. Set the rest of the dough to the side.
- Assemble: Use a knife or spatula to spread the raspberry jam over the crust layer. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the raspberry filling.
- Bake: Put the Raspberry Shortbread Bars in the oven for 35-40 minutes until they’re a light golden brown color.
- White Chocolate Topping: While they’re baking, make the chocolate topping. Add the white chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, and salt to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30-second increments until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over the top of baked bars. Give the warm chocolate time to cool before slicing into clean squares and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD BARS
- Blueberry jelly: You can pair white chocolate shortbread cookies with different kinds of fruit sauces. Instead of fresh raspberry sauce, try spreading blueberry jelly over the buttery shortbread crust. You could also try other fruit sauces like strawberry jam, blackberry jam, or mixed berry jam.
- Raspberry White Chocolate Macadamia Bars: To add some crunch to the white chocolate chip topping, try some delicious macadamia nuts. Simply sprinkle chopped macadamia nuts over the finished recipe for Raspberry White Chocolate Macadamia Bars.
- Chocolate: If you’re a lover of chocolate, you can experiment with different kinds of chocolate like dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips. Prepare the dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips the same way you do for the white chocolate flavor. You can either use the new chocolate to replace the white, or drizzle both on for milk or dark and white chocolate combo.
MORE SHORTBREAD DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD BARS
- Serve: You can leave this recipe at room temperature for up to 2 days. Cover it in plastic wrap or regular aluminum foil to keep the white chocolate raspberry cookies from drying out.
- Store: Place the White Chocolate Raspberry Shortbread Bars in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To keep the recipe for months, put them in a freezer bag or another sealed container with the squares separated by layers of parchment paper or wax paper. They’ll stay good for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x10 baking dish with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add the butter and sugar and cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in egg yolks and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Spread about half the mixture into the baking dish and press gently.
- Spread raspberry jelly over the shortbread.
- Sprinkle the remaining shortbread mixture over the raspberry jam.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the white chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- Cook on half power for 30 second increments until fully melted, stir well until smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the baked bars and let cool until it hardens.