Snickerdoodle Blondies are perfectly buttery and chewy bars flavored with nutmeg and cinnamon, then topped off with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Simple Snickerdoodle Blondies are the perfect recipe to bake for a potluck, bake sale, or party. It’s really great for any time. They’re easy enough to make, that you can have them as an after-school treat for your kids to enjoy. But, this blondie recipe is also great to serve in bowls with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for a more filling and indulgent dessert dish.
Just like regular snickerdoodles, this recipe is made with simple vanilla and chewy cinnamon base that’s topped off with a coating of cinnamon sugar. Meanwhile, the cream of tartar gives the recipe a slight tanginess and adds to the chewy texture. As the blondies bake their delicious cinnamon aroma will fill the whole house.
Converting your favorite cookies, into blondies is a great way to simplify the recipes. We’ve done just that in this recipe and in our Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Rather than, scooping up the dough and baking the cookies in multiple batches, just pour the batter into one baking dish for delicious bars. They’re ready in 45 minutes, then you just have to slice and serve them.
If you’re making this recipe for a larger crowd, you might want to double up on the ingredients. You can easily bake the batter in a 9×13-inch baking pan and have double the Snickerdoodle Squares. This is a great option if you’re bringing the dish to a potluck or bake sale. They’re always a crowd-favorite so it’s a good idea to bake some extra.
MORE BLONDIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES
- Prep-time: To get the recipe started, preheat the oven and spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. If you don’t have non-stick spray, lightly grease the pan with butter so that the blondies don’t stick to it while they’re baking.
- Batter: Add butter and brown sugar to your stand mixer. Combine on medium speed for about one minute until the butter mixture is creamed and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl. Continue mixing until creamy. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cream of tartar, and nutmeg. Mix until just combined, without over mixing.
- Cinnamon topping: Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish. Use a rubber spatula to spread it out into an even layer. Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with ½ teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake time: Bake for 35-40 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of the blondies to test if they’re done. After baking, give them a few minutes to cool before slicing.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES
- Gluten-free: To make gluten-free Snickerdoodle Blondies simply replace the all-purpose flour in the recipe with a gluten-free alternative. Oat flour, coconut flour, or almond flour would all work nicely.
- Caramel Snickerdoodles: To add some rich, gooey caramel to the original recipe, mix ½ cup of caramel bits in with the dough.
- Mix-ins: There are plenty of other mix-ins you can try in this recipe like cinnamon chips, chopped nuts, toffee bits, shredded coconut, or crystallized ginger.
- Toppings: For some decorative toppings, you can add sprinkles or colored sugar into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. You could also drizzle on some melted chocolate or Caramel Sauce.
MORE COOKIE BARS
HOW TO STORE SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES
- Serve: Let your homemade blondies cool down for a few minutes before you slice and serve them. They’ll be good at room temperature for up to 2 days. To keep them moist and fresh, cover the blondies in plastic wrap.
- Store: You can also put the Snickerdoodle Blondies in the fridge where they’ll stay fresh for 3-5 days. Cover them in plastic wrap or transfer them to an airtight container to store.
- Freeze: Frozen blondies will keep well for up to 3 months. Cut them into squares and layer them in a freezer-safe bag with the layers separated by parchment paper.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 cups brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cinnamon Sugar topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add the butter and brown sugar and cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cream of tartar, and nutmeg until just combined.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with ½ teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.