Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are an easy quick way to make soft, chewy, buttery cookies for a crowd, no waiting for baking sheets to cool!
If you’re a fan of Cookie Dough Bars then these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are definitely for you. They have all of the chewy, buttery flavors of a brownie mixed with the nostalgic classic taste of Chocolate Chip Cookies. This Cookie Bar recipe is perfect for first time chefs.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Do you like chewy brownies? Do you have multiple favorite cookie recipes? Do you want something that has a really short cook time and doesn’t take all day to prep? These yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are an extremely easy recipe, and turn out buttery, chewy, cakey, and full of flavor. They are a great addition to your go to dessert bar recipes!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars have a bake time of about 30 minutes, and are great for dessert or even a midnight snack. When you make your Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, all you need to get started is a greased glass pan, a large bowl, a rubber spatula to help smooth the cookie batter flat, and a toothpick. If you’re wondering what the toothpick is for, it’s one of the best tools in your kitchen for determining whether or not your Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are baked through or not.
To test your cookie bars, insert the toothpick into the middle of the pan of cookies and pull it out. If the toothpick is covered in batter, it means that the inside of the bars is liquidy and needs to cook longer. If it’s clean, then they’re ready to sit on a wire rack to cool. The tops of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars should be a fabulous light golden brown when they’re ready to eat.
This delicious recipe for bar cookies is a great one if you’re looking for an easy, simple recipe that you can make with your kids, or on your own.
DELICIOUS COOKIE DOUGH RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- Add ins: Try mixing in some sliced pecans, or walnuts, or even chunks of sea salt caramel. You can customize these cookie bars with add ins instead of completely changing up the recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: Instead of just using semi-sweet chocolate chips in your Chocolate Chip Bars, you can experiment with milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or even butterscotch chips.
- Toppings: Yes, you absolutely can add frosting to Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. You can use Peanut Butter Frosting, Cream Cheese Frosting, or Rich Chocolate Frosting, depending on what flavor combo you’re looking for.
OTHER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES
HOW LONG ARE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS GOOD?
- Serve: You can keep these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars at room temperature for about 2 days. After 2 days, they will get pretty stale. To keep them moist, I recommend keeping them in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Store: You can keep your Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars in the fridge for about 4 days. Always let them cool down to room temperature before you put them away, and always seal them in a container or a bag to keep them fresh. Letting them cool down to room temperature will keep bacteria from getting trapped in the fridge with them.
- Freeze: These cookie bars will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months. To keep them from freezing into a solid clump, try layering parchment paper in with the cookie bars.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy, then add in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Spread batter in baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
These were so easy to make! I put one cup of milk chocolate chips and a cup of caramel bits these are really sweet but oh so good! with a glass milk perfect!
Ohh making these today before the storms hit!!!
Our entire family loves these cookie bars … so easy and soooo tasty. This is our go-to chocolate chip recipe. Thanks very much!
I’m so glad you all enjoy it, Bruce.
Awesome, I love desert bars. Sabrina keep up the good work. I Love This Site! Peace Out! Honey from Upstate, N.Y.
Bars are just out of the oven and half of it is already gone…My kids enjoyed them alot….Thanks alot!
That’s a good sign! Thanks for coming back to let me know.
OMG! These Cookie Bars look so chunky and fluffy! I love how easy it is to make! The perfect sweet treat!
I cannot tell you how much I loathe scooping cookies… Like, that is what keeps me from making cookies! These were just like cookies, but so much better!!! They’re the ooey gooey goodness you want out of best part of a cookie!
Yay!! I’m so glad you found this recipe then!! Thanks for the 5 stars, Ashley.
The most delicious bars I think I’ve ever made! Thank you!
You’re welcome, Tawnie. Thanks for the 5 stars.
Loooove the idea of cookie texture but in a tray bake / brownies kind of format!
So much easier!
I can’t ever resist a good bar cookie recipe. This is a classic–yum!
Thanks for coming back to let me know how much you love them. I appreciate the 5 star rating.
I made these yesterday and all I can say is damn, that’s a lot of chips! Very tasty and if you like chocolate chips, you’ll love these. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
You’re welcome, Jim.