Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies are a fun dessert inspired a kid’s favorite sandwich, the PB&J! Tasty peanut butter brownies with swirls of strawberry jam.
This new Brownies Recipe pairs the creamy richness of our Ultimate Triple Peanut Blondies with a sweet jam for a blissful summer dessert. These easy Blondies are perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks, and all summer long!
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BLONDIES
A PB&J sandwich is an old school kid favorite that takes you back to simpler summer days of running through sprinklers, playing tag, and Saturday morning cartoons. Every so often, gourmet chefs try to reinvent these iconic sammies with fancy or exotic ingredients. But as good as the critics say those new PB&J recipes are nothing beats the classic flavors of peanut butter and jelly.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies are moist and chewy blonde brownies filled with peanut butter and fruit flavor. The slightly salty creamy peanut butter gets perfectly balanced with the sweet strawberry preserves, just like a PB&J sandwich! Seriously, you’ll be amazed how much these taste exactly the lunchbox classic.
For these Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies you can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter. If you are firmly in the “chunky peanut butter is best” camp, you’ll love the texture and crunch it adds. But you should not use natural peanut butter, creamy or not. Natural peanut butter is too oily for baking and changes the texture of baked goods.
Since this recipe is inspired by a classic PB&J sandwich, Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies uses strawberry jam. You can use any of your favorite jelly or jam flavors. Jelly is a little thinner and is easier to swirl, but jam has bigger chunks of fruit. It really comes down to your preference!
Keep your Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies on the counter for a quick after school snack, they will last about 4 days in a sealed bag. For a cool summer dessert, serve these PB&J Blondies with Vanilla Ice Cream. Turn them into a rich, peanut buttery strawberry shortcake by topping with Whipped Cream and Strawberry Topping!
What’s the difference between Blondies and Brownies?
Blondies are basically vanilla and brown sugar brownies. the biggest difference besides not using cocoa powder is adding brown sugar which makes a rich, vanilla caramel batter. The mild vanilla brownie batter allows added ingredients like peanut butter and jelly to really shine. For even richer brownies, use all brown sugar instead of white sugar.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BLONDIES
- Jelly and Jam: Use your favorite jam or jelly flavors like grape jelly, raspberry jam, or orange marmalade instead of the strawberry jam.
- Peanut Butter: Instead of peanut butter, use another nut butter like cashew butter or almond butter. You can use cookie butter or chocolate hazelnut spread, too!
- Peanuts: Sprinkle chopped honey roasted peanuts or salted peanuts over your PB & J Blondies before baking for an extra crunch!
- Baking Chips: Stir in ½ cup of your favorite baking chips to the peanut butter batter. Try chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or toffee bits.
- Fresh Strawberries: Add chopped fresh strawberries for even more fruity flavor! Gently fold in a ½ cup finely chopped (about ¼ inch pieces) to the batter before pouring in the pan.
- PB and Jelly Blondie Bites: Prepare Peanut Butter Blondie batter as usual and pour into a 24 cup greased mini muffin pan. Use a spoon to make an indent in each cup and fill with a teaspoon of strawberry jam. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 to 16 minutes.
MORE EASY SUMMER DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BLONDIES
- Serve: Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies can be kept at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 4 days.
- Store: Store blondies in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Microwave PB&J Blondies for about 10-15 seconds to warm before serving.
- Freeze: Cool Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies completely before flash freezing on a baking sheet for 1 hour. Transfer blondies to a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature to serve.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8x8 pan with baking spray.
- In stand mixer mix together peanut butter, butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Lower speed to low, then add in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking pan.
- Spoon in small dollops the strawberry jam onto the batter and bake for 30-35 minutes.
These was a huge hit at my house!! My family loved it!
Thanks for coming back to let me know, Toni!
These are SOOOOOO good! My kids devoured them!
Yay!! Thanks for the 5 star rating, Lauren.
best flavor combo! So good!
I’m glad you enjoyed them, Rachael.
We all loved these blondies!!! They didn’t last long in our house.
I’m glad to hear they were a hit, Heather. Thanks for the 5 star rating!