Chewy Graham Cracker Bars are the perfect buttery, sweet snack! Made with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk.
CHEWY GRAHAM CRACKER BARS
These buttery bars are perfect for a quick and easy dessert. It only takes 5 simple ingredients and the entire time to make them is just 35 minutes. As long as you have graham crackers and a few pantry ingredients, you’ll be ready to make these chewy cookie bars. It’s a simple process of mixing the ingredients together, spreading them in your baking pan, and baking for a half hour!
Rich, chewy bars are great to make for a quick snack, something to pack in your to-go lunch, or as a delicious dessert for after dinner. For an extra sweet treat serve warm, chewy bars with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and a drizzle of Caramel Sauce on top.
MAKE-AHEAD GRAHAM CRACKER CHEWY BARS
This dish is so easy to make that I like to make an extra batch and store the second batch in the freezer. If you’re planning to store the bars in the freezer, wait for them to cool completely. Then cut them into squares and store them in a freezer bag. Separate the layers of bars with parchment paper so that they don’t stick together. They should keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
They’re also a great dessert to make a day in advance and keep covered in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
MORE BAR DESSERT RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING GRAHAM CRACKER BARS
- Prep: Start by making the golden brown, honey graham crackers into crumbs for the cracker crust. You can put them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them apart. Another option is pulsing the crackers in a food processor. Then preheat your oven and spray a square baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix: Add the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, condensed milk, and chocolate chips together. Use an electric mixer or mix the ingredients together by hand until well combined.
- Bake: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out so the cracker base is evenly distributed over the pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it finish the entire cooling process before you slice and serve the Graham Cracker Bars.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHEWY GRAHAM CRACKER BARS
- Flavor Add-ins: For some extra flavor, try mixing in a little vanilla extract, almond extract, or melted peanut butter.
- Chocolate: For some extra chocolate, try adding chocolate chips on top of the dish right before baking. Milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips would all do nicely. They’ll melt over the Graham Cracker bars as they bake for a light coating of chocolate.
- Toppings: For more toppings try adding melted butterscotch chips, mini marshmallows, or a cup pecans. The melted butterscotch chips or mini marshmallows will add a nice gooey sweetness, while the pecans would give the dish some crunch.
- Marshmallow Creme topping: To make a fluffy marshmallow creme topping you can either use a jar of marshmallow fluff from the store or make your own. For homemade marshmallow creme combine 4 large egg whites, 1 cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cream of tartar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Combine the mixture in a saucepan, and then spread it over the bars before serving.
MORE BAR RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHEWY GRAHAM CRACKER BARS
- Serve: After baking, you can leave Chewy Graham Cracker Bars at room temperature for up to 2 days. To keep them moist cover them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Store: You can also put the bars in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: For a make-ahead treat, seal the Graham Cracker Bars and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge before you serve them.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, condensed milk, and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.