Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars are totally indulgent with three kinds of chocolate, an awesome marshmallow layer and the best brownie base.
A pan of Brownies is the easiest comforting dessert, perfect for an afternoon snack or any kind of party. For more favorite dessert mashups, try Cookie Dough Brownies or S’mores Brownies for your next pot luck!
Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars are about as over the top and decadent as brownies get, with a bunch of dark chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa powder and….wait for it.. Nutella. Yes, these brownies are a get your hands messy and don’t even care one bit about it over the top experience.
Start by baking a base layer of dark chocolate brownies. Then you add a layer of mini marshmallows, topped with a layer of melted butter, chocolate chips, and Nutella with rice krispies cereal mixed in. After pressing down to combine layers, and refrigerating for a bit, you’ll have the most indulgent, crunchy, sweet, nutty, and chewy snack!
Once you’ve shared these with family and friends, they’ll ask you to bring them to every event and gathering from now on! It will help you score so many brownie points (unintentional but still totally awesome pun welcome here).
More Easy and Amazing Brownie Recipes
- Fat Witch Bakery’s Legendary Chocolate Caramel Brownies <—if you haven’t made these yet, RUN to the store for the ingredients!!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Brookies
- Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Crinkly Brownie Cookies
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Tools used in this Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars recipe:
9×13 Baking Pan – The straight edges and even cooking of this pan are ideal for bars and brownies.
Stand Mixer – The classic stand mixer, it’s always a huge help to get things mixed a heck of a lot faster. Plus, that blue!
Hand Mixer – For smaller jobs you don’t want to pull the large mixture out for, this hand mixer is a breeze.
Dark Chocolate Chips – These are the best dark chocolate chips, I keep them on hand in volume! More and more stores carry the brand now too, so when yours has a sale buy several to keep on hand.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – This cocoa powder gives an amazing, dark, rich chocolate flavor. I also highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Brand of cocoa powder.
How to Store Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars
- Serve: Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars can be served at room temperature.
- Store: Store in an airtight container or wrap the pan tightly with plastic wrap and store on the counter for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: After slicing into squares, freeze individually wrapped brownies in a large freezer safe plastic bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
To make the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour or use baking spray a 13×9 pan.
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the cocoa powder, ¾ cup dark chocolate chips and salt and until well combined.
- Add in the flour until just combined (don't overbeat).
- Bake about 25-28 minutes or just until done in the center.
- Add the bag of marshmallows over the top.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the 2 cups dark chocolate chips and butter and melt in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Add in the Nutella and whisk completely.
- Add in the Rice Krispies Cereal and fold to combine with a spatula.
- Add evenly over the top of the marshmallow layer and pat down slightly to form a cohesive layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- For even easier cutting, you can put the brownies in the freezer for a couple of hours to let the marshmallows harden a bit to get nice clean cuts between brownies.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.