Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars are a totally indulgent brownie with three kinds of chocolate, an awesome marshmallow layer and the best dark chocolate brownie base.
Looking for some more brownie recipes? Here’s a few more to round out your day baking!
- Fat Witch Bakery’s Legendary Chocolate Caramel Brownies <—if you haven’t made these yet, RUN to the store for the ingredients!!
- S’mores Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Brookies
- Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Crinkly Brownie Cookies
About a month ago I went a bit brownie crazy and spent the day baking up a storm making these Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars in addition to five more recipes. I even went through my entire stash of chocolate chips, which is a bit of a feat in itself since I stock up when prices are really low.
I ended up with 6 pans of brownies (thank goodness for my chef days, I have a stack of 13×9 baking pans that rival your nearest Williams-Sonoma.)
I know what you’re thinking, “Who is going to eat SIX pans of brownies.” Well… I had no trouble finding willing takers. About a pan and a half went my husband’s office, a pan went to school with my oldest for the teachers and almost four pans of brownies went to our local fire department.
So many brownie points (unintentional but still totally awesome pun welcome here).
Tools used in this Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars recipe:
9×13 Baking Pan – The straight edges and even cooking of this pan is ideal for bars and brownies.
Stand Mixer – The classic stand mixer, it’s always a huge help to get things mixed a heck of a lot faster. Plus, that blue! <3
Hand Mixer – For smaller jobs you don’t want to pull the large mixture out for, this hand mixer is a breeze.
Dark Chocolate Chips – My favorite dark chocolate chips, I keep them on hand in volume! More and more stores carry the brand now too, so when mine has a sale I buy 3 or 4 bags of every flavor. (Sometimes I can even get them for LESS than Nestle)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – This cocoa powder gives an amazing, dark, rich chocolate flavor. I also highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Brand of cocoa powder.
- 3/4 cup butter , melted
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag (16 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- To make the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour or use baking spray a 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the cocoa powder, ¾ cup dark chocolate chips and salt and until well combined.
- Add in the flour until just combined (don't overbeat)
- Bake about 25-28 minutes or just until done in the center.
- Add the bag of marshmallows over the top (I had a partially opened bag too, so I added a bit more, but honestly the 16 ounce bag is plenty).
- In a microwave safe bowl add the 2 cups dark chocolate chips and butter and melt in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Add in the Nutella and whisk completely.
- Add in the Rice Krispies Cereal and fold to combine with a spatula.
- Add evenly over the top of the marshmallow layer and pat down slightly to form a cohesive layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- For even easier cutting, you can put the brownies in the freezer for a couple of hours to let the marshmallows harden a bit to get nice clean cuts between brownies.