Caramel Nut Crumb Bars are the ultimate sweet treat with a chewy oat base, rich caramel layer, and crunchy pecans and walnuts throughout.
Caramel Nut Crumb Bars are the perfect Bar Recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, but they still have some healthy ingredients like oats and nuts. They’re the perfect dessert, treat to hold you over between meals, or after school snack for kids. For more oat bars, be sure to try our Cranberry Oat Bars.
CARAMEL NUT CRUMB BARS
Delicious Caramel Nut Bars are the perfect combination of gooey caramel and crunchy nuts. The two different flavors are balanced out by the chewy crumb crust so they all blend perfectly together. Everyone is sure to love the rich caramel flavor, chewy oats, and sweet brown sugar mixture.
For an absolutely irresistible dessert combo serve the caramel bars with some rich Vanilla Ice Cream. You can crumble cooled bars over the top of the ice cream for a sweet oat topping. Another option is heating up a bar and serving it with a scoop of ice cream over the top for a melty caramel dessert.
The layers of oats, nuts, and caramel in this recipe are wonderfully easy to make and come together fairly quickly. You can just use storebought caramel candies for the filling, or if you want to make the meal entirely from scratch try Homemade Caramel. Either way, the caramel filling will turn out amazingly sweet and gooey. It’s the perfect sweet filling to complete the oat bars.
MORE BAR RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING CARAMEL NUT CRUMB BARS
- Prep time: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and use cooking spray to prepare your 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Crumb mixture: To make the buttery crust combine oats, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Then add melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Add half of the mixture to the pan and bake it for 10 minutes. Set the other half to the side.
- Caramel sauce: Place the milk and caramels in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave the caramel mixture at 50% power in 30-second increments. Mix the caramel filling in between each microwaving session until you have a smooth and creamy mixture. You can also melt the caramel sauce in a medium saucepan on the stovetop.
- Assemble: Add the walnuts and pecans to your baking pan and pour the caramel over the top. Then add the remaining crumbs on top. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Let the dish cool completely before you slice it.
Melt caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power in 30-second increments until smooth and creamy.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CARAMEL NUT CRUMB BARS
- Chocolate chips: For some delicious chocolate flavor added to your Caramel Bars sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the bars.
- Nuts: You could try adding different kinds of nuts into these Walnut and Pecan Bars. Instead of walnuts and pecans try mixing in almonds, peanuts, or cashews.
- Apples: You can add apples to your Crumb Bars for some delicious, juicy, fruit flavor. Slice up 2-3 apples and coat them in cinnamon sugar. Then lay the apples over the top of the bars and bake as usual.
MORE CARAMEL RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CARAMEL NUT CRUMB BARS
- Serve: Caramel Nut Crumb Bars will stay good in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Line the container with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
- Store: You can also put the container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Bring the bars to room temperature before eating so the caramel isn’t hardened.
- Freeze: To freeze the bars put them in a freezer bag and separate each layer with parchment paper or aluminum foil so that they don’t stick together.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 14 ounces chewy caramels
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup walnuts , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans , roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Add in melted butter and stir until combined.
- Add half the mixture to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power in 30-second increments until smooth and creamy.
- Add walnuts and pecans to the baking pan evenly.
- Pour caramel over the nuts and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.