Magic Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy dessert bar with graham crackers, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
The next time that you’re trying to come up with a dessert for your Christmas or Thanksgiving party, you should try my recipes for Cookie Dough Bars, Homemade Twix Bars, Easy Lemon Bars or these delicious Magic Cookie Bars.
Magic Cookie Bars are a unique, delicious dessert that are great for parties and get togethers. This cookie bar recipe is extremely easy to prep, takes just over 25 minutes to bake, and keeps well in the fridge for later. They’re packed with flavor and are highly shareable, which makes them the perfect party food.
The Magic Cookie Bars end up a delicious golden brown with chunks of chocolate, butterscotch and nuts inside and the coconut gives them a sweet tang that is a great accent to the other flavor elements.
Another great thing about Magic Cookie Bars is that they are very customizable, which means that you can easily adjust the add-ins to make overall flavor of the cookie bars to better match the rest of the meal.
My cookie recipe is great if this is your first time making bar cookies. There are only a few steps to follow, and once the Magic Cookie Bars have finished baking all that’s left to do is let them cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before you dig in.
HOW TO MAKE MAGIC COOKIE BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour melted margarine into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the margarine.
- Place the chopped nuts over the crumbs, and scatter the chocolate and butterscotch chips over the nuts.
- Add the coconut over all, and pour the milk evenly over the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Cool at least 20 minutes, then cut into desired sized bars.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON MAGIC COOKIE BARS
- Add-ins: You can use milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or dark chocolate chips instead of semi sweet chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. Also, feel free to experiment with various chopped nuts and pretzels to give your cookie bars more of a crunch.
More Delicious Dessert Bars:
HOW LONG ARE MAGIC COOKIE BARS GOOD?
- Serve: You can keep these cookie bars at room temperature for up to 2 days before they get really stale. Make sure you store them in plastic wrap or in an airtight container to keep them moist longer.
- Store: You can keep your leftover Magic Cookie Bars in the fridge for up to a week before they go bad. You should always let the cookie bars cool down to room temperature before you seal them up and store them to avoid trapping bacteria in with them.
- Freeze: Magic Cookie Bars can last up to 3 months frozen. For best results, layer pieces of parchment paper in between the cookies to prevent them from freezing together.
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup walnut , chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut , sweetened
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Mix the melted butter and graham crackers and press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add the chopped nuts, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Sprinkle over the sweetened coconut flakes and drizzle over the condensed milk.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing into squares.