Yogurt Parfait is an incredibly EASY healthy breakfast made from layers of sweet vanilla yogurt, berries, granola and honey, ready in only a few minutes!
Yogurt Parfait is an insanely easy breakfast made by layering yogurt with fresh raspberries and strawberries, then topping with granola and a drizzle of sweet honey. It’s fast, healthy, and easy which makes it the PERFECT breakfast to make on-the-go on busy weekdays.
You can use regular yogurt or greek yogurt depending on your preference. I’ve also made dessert parfaits layering the berries with frozen yogurt and a drizzle of honey on the top.
One of my favorite things about a parfait is that is has a lot of really colorful layers, so I recommend serving this in a see through glass for presentation. If I’m serving this to guests, I’ve also garnished parfaits with mint leaves and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
WHAT KIND OF GRANOLA IS IN A PARFAIT?
Typically I like to use granola made from oats and nuts, and you can find a lot of different flavors like vanilla or honey and cinnamon. Any sweet granola will work for this parfait recipe. If you don’t have granola, you can also used crushed cereal or cookies on top for texture (but slightly less healthy).
CAN YOU MAKE A PARFAIT AHEAD?
Yogurt parfaits are the perfect recipe to make the day before so you can grab one as you’re walking out the door in the morning.
When I prep this, I layer the yogurt and fruit in a to-go container and seal it tightly in the refrigerator. Then when I’m ready to eat, I add the topping at the last second.
If you add the topping too early, it will end up a little bit soggy and you won’t get that nice crunchy texture we’re looking for.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
WHAT KIND OF YOGURT SHOULD YOU USE FOR A PARFAIT?
I like to use regular vanilla yogurt because it’s sweet and creamy, but you can use vanilla greek yogurt if you want more protein and a thicker parfait.
If you want to cut down on the sugar, use a plan greek yogurt with artificial sweetener and berries, and a small amount of honey drizzled on top. You can use any flavor or style yogurt that you prefer, as long as it goes with the toppings you choose.
WHAT YOU CAN ADD TO A PARFAIT
- Honeydew melon
TIPS FOR MAKING YOGURT PARFAITS
- Top your parfait with some mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream for a sweeter version.
- Stir your yogurt with some powdered peanut butter, then layer with bananas and honey for a peanut butter banana parfait!
- Add some chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts to give your parfait some extra crunchy texture.
- Use a mason jar as a grab-and-go container that’s both easy to pack and will let you see the layers through the glass!
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup good quality granola
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , sliced
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or blueberries
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Place ⅓ cup of the yogurt at the bottom of four serving glasses.
- Add ⅛ cup granola and ⅛ cup strawberries to each glass, then add another ⅓ cup yogurt.
- Add ¼ of the berries to each glass, then add the remaining ⅓ cup yogurt to each glass.
- Layer on the remaining granola and strawberries, then top with the honey and serve immediately.