Just 6 ingredients and less than an hour are all that separates you from this awesome meal with caramelized Brown Sugar Garlic Pork and roasted vegetables.
Sticky and sweet with a punch of garlic, this Brown Sugar Garlic Pork loin is sure to be a huge hit with your family. Serve it up with some roasted carrots and potatoes on the side for a healthy balanced meal. From start to finish it is 45 minutes, most of which is just letting it cook in the oven!
Ahh Thursdays! They are usually the hardest day of the week for me as I always wish they could just be Friday but am always disappointed there is another day before I can just unwind for the weekend with extra help from the hubby with the kids. It is also usually the day we used to order food in since I am almost always running on empty energy wise and making dinner feels like a chore.
These are the days I reserve for meals like this. Easy meals I don’t need to worry about watching on the stove top as the kids run around me throwing legos and trying to pry open every can of play doh we own (I can NOT stress enough the level of hate I have for those two toys that will create a mess and get smashed into fabrics or cause you to have severe foot pain when you step on them). I even bought special bags to store the blocks in and a great organizing rack for the play doh, but it still ends up EVERYWHERE. Any parents have any tips for me on containing them?
To make this deliciously easy meal, we start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Mix 1/4 cup canola oil, salt and pepper with sliced carrots and potatoes and put onto a sheet tray.
Mix 1 tbsp canola oil, brown sugar, garlic and rub all over pork loin.
Roast the pork for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers at 150 degrees in the center of the roast. At the same time, roast the vegetables and leave them in to finish cooking while the pork rests outside the oven. Let the pork rest for 5-10 minutes.
Remove vegetables from oven and serve with sliced pork.
- 2 lb pork loin, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¼ cup canola oil, for vegetables
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ¼ cup canola oil, salt and pepper with sliced carrots and potatoes.
- Mix 1 tbsp canola oil, brown sugar, garlic and rub all over pork loin.
- On one large cookie sheet, put down some foil and add the carrots and potatoes.
- Spread apart the vegetables to make an opening in the pan for the pork.
- Add the pork to the pan.
- Roast the pork and vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers at 150 degrees in the center of the roast.
- Open your oven and remove the pork onto a plate or cutting board to let it rest and cover it with a piece of foil.
- Let the pork rest for 5-10 minutes, then remove the veggies from the oven once you are ready to serve the pork.
- This allows them to finish cooking while only using one pan and makes sure they are hot when the pork has rested.
Psssst… want to hear a little secret? This recipe is one of 10 in my FREE e-book 5-10-30: 5 Cuisines, 10 Full Meals and 30 Total Ingredients that is a bonus for email subscribers only! It includes shopping lists that set you up for two weeks of weeknight dinners with no ingredient waste and tips for cooking and alternate ingredient options. If you haven’t subscribed for updates you may want to now and get the e-cookbook FREE!
Sign up for daily recipes and receive a free e-cookbook!
You'll get my 5-10-30 e-cookbook -
- 5 cuisines
- 10 full meals
- 30 total ingredients
complete with two-week shopping guide!