Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip is the perfect cold appetizer dip with ranch mix, cheddar, sour cream and bacon that will be a hit for game day celebrations!
If you’ve already tried Jalapeno Popper Dip, Spinach Artichoke Dip and Queso Dip and you want something that everyone will love for the next big get together you’ve got planned, this is a great, easy dip recipe to try.
BACON CHEDDAR RANCH DIP
If you want to make a cheese dip for the big game day party you have planned but you also want something that everyone, even the picky eater in your friend group, will think is yummy, you should try this recipe.
Bacon cheddar ranch dip is a delicious blend of cheesy, crunchy ranchy goodness that your guests may end up fighting over. It’s incredibly easy to make and doesn’t take all afternoon.
Bacon cheddar ranch dip is a yummy appetizer that is different from your traditional game-day dip because, unlike a lot of cheese dips, it is served up chilled instead of piping hot from the microwave or oven. This means that it makes for a great side to bring along to a summer BBQ or a pot luck because the cool, creamy ingredients are refreshing on a hot day (which is also a great excuse if you can’t wait until next Super Bowl to try them again.)
HOW TO MAKE BACON CHEDDAR RANCH DIP
- Blend the sour cream and ranch-style dressing mix together in a medium bowl.
- Make sure that everything is well blended together without any major lumps anywhere.
- Add in the bacon bits and the cheddar cheese and stir well.
- Put the whole bowl in the fridge and let it chill for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Veggies: try getting a plate of crudités from the store to eat your dip with or you can just chop up whatever you have around. The best dipping veggies for this recipe are celery, broccoli, snap peas, carrots and cauliflower.
- Pretzels: pretzels add a touch of salt to the dip, which is absolutely delicious and changes the flavor palette subtly.
- Pita chips: pita chips have a richer, stronger flavor and are thicker so they can hold much more dip (always a plus.) They are fantastic with bacon cheddar ranch dip because they can deliver so many more bacon bits to your mouth faster.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Parmesan Chips: make your own crispy, cheesy chips from just one ingredient. They are savory and go really well with the richness of the dip without contrasting with the flavor.
- Lime Chips: make your own lime chips in no time. They taste just like (or even better) the ones you find at the store, and you can make the perfect amount for your party so you don’t run out halfway through.
- Easy Taco Pizza: serve up a taco pizza with your dip if you want something fun but hearty to feed everyone for dinner. The nice thing about this main course is that it divides up like nachos but has a delicious Italian American flavor to it.
HOW LONG IS IT GOOD?
- Serve: you shouldn’t leave this dip out for longer than about 2 hours because of the dairy and the meat in it. It tastes better chilled anyway.
- Store: your leftover dip will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days before you should throw it out and make a new batch.
- Freeze: you shouldn’t freeze your leftover dip. Unfortunately the dairy bits of the recipe don’t thaw out well enough to make defrosting it worth the effort.
WHEN IS BACON SAFE TO EAT?
Bacon is safe to enjoy when it reaches 145 degrees F (62.7 degrees C), according to the USDA’s official website.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1-ounce package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the sour cream, cream cheese, and ranch-style dressing mix.
- Mix in the bacon bits, Cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions (if preferred, leave some chopped green onions for garnish.)
- Chill in the refrigerator 20 minutes or longer before serving.
I use this all time! It is always a hit and I have shared this recipe upon request. Super easy! Thank you ?
Is that 11 ounce ranch packet or 1-1 ounce packet?
What size cream cheese did you use? 4 or 8 oz?
8 oz. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will make it clearer on the recipe card.
I have made this 5 weeks in a row. Everyone asks me for the recipe. Super simple and really yummy. Thank you!
Best dip ever.
Great dip! I also added copper up jalepenos!
This is our favorite dip recipe! It is so good!!
I forgot to get the hidden valley ranch packets. Will this still turn out good without it?
Yes though you may want to add some seasoning to it, like garlic powder, to give it a bit of extra flavor. Good luck!
Very good! Mine was thick enough to form into a cheese ball. I served crackers, red and green peppers, celery, pretzels. Family loved it. Thanks
Thanks for coming back to let me know how much you all enjoyed it, Erma.
Is this still good made the day before?
Absolutely. Might even better since all the flavors will have a chance to combine long.
What a fun party dip!! But I also kinda want to make it and sit on my couch and eat it by myself LOL!
Haha, I won’t judge!
Can this be baked?
I love any dip that has ranch flavor… but bacon really takes this one up a notch, yum!
Bacon just makes everything better.
This dip looks so delicious and perfect for parties! I love bacon and cheddar together ?
It’s like a match made in heaven.
Love this dip, so simple to make!
So glad you enjoyed it.
This is the perfect party dip! I love all of the variations and options you offer to serve this with.
Your recipes look great
In the baton cheddar ranch dip, how msg cream cheese is used? It does not say in the recipe.
You’ll use an 8 ounce block of cream cheese for this recipe. Enjoy!