Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip is the perfect cold appetizer dip with ranch mix, cheddar, sour cream and bacon that will be a hit for game day celebrations!
If you’ve already tried Jalapeno Popper Dip, Spinach Artichoke Dip and Queso Dip and you want something that everyone will love for the next big get together you’ve got planned, this is a great, easy dip recipe to try.
If you want to make a cheese dip for the big game day party you have planned but you also want something that everyone, even the picky eater in your friend group, will think is yummy, you should try this recipe.
Bacon cheddar ranch dip is a delicious blend of cheesy, crunchy ranchy goodness that your guests may end up fighting over. It’s incredibly easy to make and doesn’t take all afternoon.
Bacon cheddar ranch dip is a yummy appetizer that is different from your traditional game-day dip because, unlike a lot of cheese dips, it is served up chilled instead of piping hot from the microwave or oven. This means that it makes for a great side to bring along to a summer BBQ or a pot luck because the cool, creamy ingredients are refreshing on a hot day (which is also a great excuse if you can’t wait until next Super Bowl to try them again.)
HOW TO MAKE BACON CHEDDAR RANCH DIP
- Blend the sour cream and ranch-style dressing mix together in a medium bowl.
- Make sure that everything is well blended together without any major lumps anywhere.
- Add in the bacon bits and the cheddar cheese and stir well.
- Put the whole bowl in the fridge and let it chill for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Veggies: try getting a plate of crudités from the store to eat your dip with or you can just chop up whatever you have around. The best dipping veggies for this recipe are celery, broccoli, snap peas, carrots and cauliflower.
- Pretzels: pretzels add a touch of salt to the dip, which is absolutely delicious and changes the flavor palette subtly.
- Pita chips: pita chips have a richer, stronger flavor and are thicker so they can hold much more dip (always a plus.) They are fantastic with bacon cheddar ranch dip because they can deliver so many more bacon bits to your mouth faster.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Parmesan Chips: make your own crispy, cheesy chips from just one ingredient. They are savory and go really well with the richness of the dip without contrasting with the flavor.
- Lime Chips: make your own lime chips in no time. They taste just like (or even better) the ones you find at the store, and you can make the perfect amount for your party so you don’t run out halfway through.
- Easy Taco Pizza: serve up a taco pizza with your dip if you want something fun but hearty to feed everyone for dinner. The nice thing about this main course is that it divides up like nachos but has a delicious Italian American flavor to it.
HOW LONG IS IT GOOD?
- Serve: you shouldn’t leave this dip out for longer than about 2 hours because of the dairy and the meat in it. It tastes better chilled anyway.
- Store: your leftover dip will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days before you should throw it out and make a new batch.
- Freeze: you shouldn’t freeze your leftover dip. Unfortunately the dairy bits of the recipe don’t thaw out well enough to make defrosting it worth the effort.
WHEN IS BACON SAFE TO EAT?
Bacon is safe to enjoy when it reaches 145 degrees F (62.7 degrees C), according to the USDA’s official website.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1-ounce package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the sour cream, cream cheese, and ranch-style dressing mix.
- Mix in the bacon bits, Cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions (if preferred, leave some chopped green onions for garnish.)
- Chill in the refrigerator 20 minutes or longer before serving.