Easy Taco Pizza is a quick and easy weeknight meal with crescent roll crust, sour cream, taco meat, lettuce, cheese tomato and olives in just 30 minutes!
Looking for an easy family-friendly recipe using leftover taco meat (made with homemade taco seasoning)? You’ll also love this Taco Salad, Cheesy Taco Pasta, Taco Stuffed Shells or if you love taco flavors in general you’ll love this Taco Soup too.
This recipe is also a fun and easy game day snack and can be made as an appetizer. You can cut the pieces into squares and serve them as pizza tacos. You can even use the ingredients to create a quick Seven Layer Dip substitute and cook the dough into sticks that you’ve brushed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with garlic powder or taco seasoning and bake it into slices then use it as a dip.
Easy Taco Pizza is as quick as rolling out a can of crescent dough but you can absolutely use my recipe for homemade pizza dough in its place and make a truly Homemade Taco Pizza bake the pizza crust for the same amount of time as directed below.
You don’t need a pizza pan for this recipe either, a standard baking sheet is the perfect size for this crescent dough.
taco pizza topping ideas:
- Refried Beans
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Taco Sauce
- Other Taco Toppings
- Crushed Doritos or Tortilla Chips
- Bell Peppers
- Nacho cheese
- Cream Cheese
More Mexican Pizza Recipes:
- Chicken Fajita: ground chicken tacos, fajitas vegetables, sour cream and cheese with cilantro
- Nachos: ground beef, refried beans, nacho cheese sauce and hot sauce
- Carnitas: shredded pork, white onions, salsa
- Taco Calzones: Cut them into squares and fill and bake them as taco pockets (just don’t put the lettuce inside).
- For a non Mexican Pizza option you can of course make a Pepperoni Pizza using pepperoni, marinara or pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Tips for Crescent Pizza:
- Do not stretch the crescent dough, if it gets too thin it will be like a cracker instead of being chewy.
- Make the first layer something less watery if possible like refried beans, cream cheese or sour cream instead of salsa.
- If the crescent roll dough has triangles that are torn apart take the time to press the seams back together or buy the sheets instead.
- Instead of ground beef you can use ground chicken or ground turkey too to lighten the recipe up too.
Taco Pizza Recipe Shape Variations
- Taco Pizza Roll Ups: Spread refried beans, taco meat and cheddar cheese over the crescent dough then roll. Using kitchen twine cut into rolls then place side up and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Taco Pizza Crescents: Use crescent rolls with half a piece of string cheese (cheddar variety if you can find them), ground beef and other toppings, then roll into the standard crescent shape and bake according to the directions on the crescent dough can.
- Deep-Dish Taco Pizza Recipe: If you Put the pizza dough into a cake pan and bake it then layer the ingredients into it and slice it, you can call it a Taco Pie.
More Game Day Recipes
- 1/2 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent dough
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup lettuce , thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese , finely diced
- 1 vine tomato , chopped
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- Cook the beef in a medium skillet until well browned then mix your taco seasoning in the water and add it to the pan and cook until the water has evaporated, stirring well.
- Grease a 10x14 or larger sheet pan and unroll the crescent dough into a large rectangle, pressing together any open seams and bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Layer the pizza with sour cream, taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese and olives.