Banana Split S’mores with graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, freeze dried bananas and strawberries. A fun twist on the sticky, gooey summer classic!
Banana Split S’mores made on your grill are the perfect summer treat your kids will love after an afternoon playing on slides and swimming, enjoying the great summer weather.
Banana Split S’mores are made like your classic S’mores on the grill but kicked up a notch with some freeze dried bananas and strawberries. Makers of those three main ingredients – HONEY MAID Graham Crackers, HERSHEY’S Chocolate Bars and JET-PUFFED Marshmallows – have united to generously sponsor this post.
Of course we are using the classics for the base of these delicious S’mores. HONEY MAID Graham Crackers, HERSHEY’S Chocolate Bars and JET-PUFFED Marshmallows are the well deserved stars of the show. The freeze dried strawberries and bananas just add a tart finish to the mix! This twist on an old favorite will fire up your nostalgia centers for the S’mores you ate when you were a kid.
Want more ideas for fun S’mores recipes?
- Add some egg free cookie dough to one side of the HONEY MAID Grahams and lay your HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate over it before adding in the JET-PUFFED marshmallows.
- If you don’t want to make cookie dough but have a jar of cookie butter on hand that would be delicious.
- Peanut butter or even your favorite jam (strawberry jam works so well with S’mores!)
We used our backyard grill for the S’mores and they were done in just a few minutes while the kids were playing on the slides and the roller coaster. Some of the younger kids needed to be a bit taller to see the marshmallows grilling so we brought over a deck chair for them to stand on.
Summer is the perfect time of year for a backyard grilling party, like we had on the 4th of July. BBQ parties are a common Summer occurrence in our house, and there’s no better way to end a summer BBQ party than with S’mores made right on the grill! In fact, 71% of backyard grilling party hosts surveyed agreed that this easy-to-prepare treat was a perfect fit for their backyard BBQ parties.* I’m happy to share that the classic brand trio, HONEY MAID, HERSHEY’S and JET-PUFFED have named S’mores the “Official Dessert of the BBQ”. If you want to know more about the best way to celebrate around the grill and share the S’mores love, you can check out the conversation at Facebook.com/lovesmores/.
Looking for more S’mores recipes?
- S’mores Brownies
- Graham Cracker Cupcakes filled with S’mores Cookie Dough
- Eggless S’mores Cookie Dough
- 12 HONEY MAID Grahams
- 6 HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars
- 24 JET PUFFED Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup freeze dried bananas
- 12 wooden skewers
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat.
- Break the HONEY MAID Grahams in half so you have two squares from each long rectangular cracker.
- Cut the HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars into 2 section pieces.
- Lay the HONEY MAID Grahams on a plate.
- Over half of the HONEY MAID Grahams add a few strawberries and bananas.
- Cover the HONEY MAID Grahams that have fruit with a piece of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate.
- Skewer 2 JET-PUFFED marshmallows onto a wooden skewer.
- Over the grill, toast the JET-PUFFED marshmallows for 20-25 seconds or until just a bit singed.
- Put the skewered JET-PUFFED marshmallows directly onto the HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate and cover it with your additional HONEY MAID Graham.
- Press down on the HONEY MAID Graham to keep the JET-PUFFED marshmallows in place while removing the skewers.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HONEY MAID Grahams, HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate and JET-PUFFED Marshmallows.
*S’mores Deep Dive, Murphy Research Aug 2015